$250 Million over 10 years!

I think he had to go to an AL team because he will eventually have to move to DH, and he knows it, the Angels though? huh...I heard the Marlins are going to clear cap space to go after Prince Fielder now.... that would be a crazy lineup!

Last edited:
The Angels????

Well at least the Astros won't have to see him so often now.:)

I think he made the right decision to join the AL. I don't think his body could take another ten years of playing defense. Even if it is just first base. I bet he spends the last 6 years of his contract as a DH. Glad he didn't land anywhere in the AL East.

I feel awful for Cardinals fans. They are great baseball fans. I'm sure Albert really needed that extra 2 million a year more than the Cardinal's offer.

I hope the Marlins do get Prince Fielder. Outstanding to get two of the best sluggers in baseball (maybe ever in the case of Pujols) OUT of the NL Central, where my Cubs have to face them 20+ time a year. This year will be the year!!! :hump:

I am pissed at you Albert!!!! C ya!!!

How much money do you need Albert, you could have been the King of St. Louis, bigger than Musial!

Berkman will move to first, they will call up another young talent and go right back to the Series, while Albert rots in the filth of LA.

To heck with him. Take the 190 million you offered him and go get a closer and the best starting pitcher out there.

With Carp, Wainwright, and another solid starter, you won't lose a 3 game series all year, let alone a 5 or 7 game series in the playoffs.

I love baseball but there is something wrong with paying anyone $250,000,000 to play ball.

I hope he does something good with it.

Sucks I've got to hate him now.

Next five years will be awesome for Angels fans, the five years after that might be a little rough though.

Does anyone have pointer's number to make sure he's doing alright?

This is one of the reasons I don't watch any pro sport...they are all over paid...I refuse to support this crap.

This is one of the reasons I don't watch any pro sport...they are all over paid...I refuse to support this crap.

Would you rather the owners pocketed all that money?

When you're the most valuable asset in a multi-billion dollar industry, you're going to make a lot of money.

Do you not watch movies because the actors get paid too much? Not listen to music because the artists profit too much off their albums?

When you're the most valuable asset in a multi-billion dollar industry, you're going to make a lot of money.

Do you not watch movies because the actors get paid too much? Not listen to music because the artists profit too much off their albums?

Well said. Just not impressed he ended up in the AL west. Tough day to be a Texas fan. Lose CJ to the Angels and watch them sign Albert.

Are you serious...?

It does not matter if it's a player or owner....the multi-billion dollar industry is WHY you pay $400 to take a family of 4 to a game. Get with the program man...These guys should be making 1/100th of what they do so we can all enjoy it at a reasonable price. I blame the whole industry, not players only.

And you are correct...I do not go to the movie theater due to the cost and I the last CD/music I bought was 3 years ago...

Are you serious...?

It does not matter if it's a player or owner....the multi-billion dollar industry is WHY you pay $400 to take a family of 4 to a game. Get with the program man...These guys should be making 1/100th of what they do so we can all enjoy it at a reasonable price. I blame the whole industry, not players only.

And you are correct...I do not go to the movie theater due to the cost and I the last CD/music I bought was 3 years ago...

You can get MLB tickets for less than 20 bucks a piece (outside of NY and Boston), and most stadiums allow outside food and drink. You can choose to spend 400 bucks if you want, but you definitely don't need to.

I just don't see how you can be angry at an American industry that's doing so well, especially right now.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back