Caribou Gear Tarp

25 WSSM. with pics.

I've got the same gun in the 223 WSSM and running same scope combo. Brass is harder to find, and has a short life compared to others. I'm going to see if annealing the brass will add more life to it.

@std7mag have you shot this thing yet?!
I loaded up some 100gr SPBT GameKings with a middle of the road charge of IMR 4895 just to shoot it & sight the scope in.
Wind was NOT cooperating!
Had to reset my targets 4 times.
Calm at the house, howling at the range.

It did give me the chance to have some fireformed cases & set a neck tension to find lands with a bunch of different bullets.
Found out i'm NOT limited to SAAMI length of 2.360".
Loaded up some 115gr Berger VLD over IMR 4831 today. COAL 2.500" for 0.005" off the lands and works fine through the magazine.
Also loaded up some 115gr Bergers for the 257 Roberts AI.
Along with 9mm rounds to test in the new to me H&K VP9.
And did the final reaming & setting headspace on the 7mm-08AI.

I've got the same gun in the 223 WSSM and running same scope combo. Brass is harder to find, and has a short life compared to others. I'm going to see if annealing the brass will add more life to it.
I've been running across 243 WSSM cases here & there.
Might be able to neck down.

I loaded up some 100gr SPBT GameKings with a middle of the road charge of IMR 4895 just to shoot it & sight the scope in.
Wind was NOT cooperating!
Had to reset my targets 4 times.
Calm at the house, howling at the range.

It did give me the chance to have some fireformed cases & set a neck tension to find lands with a bunch of different bullets.
Found out i'm NOT limited to SAAMI length of 2.360".
Loaded up some 115gr Berger VLD over IMR 4831 today. COAL 2.500" for 0.005" off the lands and works fine through the magazine.
Also loaded up some 115gr Bergers for the 257 Roberts AI.
Along with 9mm rounds to test in the new to me H&K VP9.
And did the final reaming & setting headspace on the 7mm-08AI.
Busy day!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtJohn1234
Back