A new build followed me home

Proof is in the pudding!
Or as firearms go, on the target & in the freezer.

She looks like a beaut though!

Couldn't find higher rings, eh?? :ROFLMAO:

I am also exploring a build. If I get the okay today from gunsmith and if either gun I'm looking at are still available, it will be a 404 Jeffery on Czech Mauser action. Would be nice if someone made varmint bullets for that one! 😆 Not a calibre seen much in North America so loading components will be a treasure hunt. But with my fragile retinas any big rifle above 30-06 is not something I should be shooting more than rarely (knock on wood, I haven't had any trouble with eyes to speak of since before 2009 and last of three major operations was January 2004). Doing this mostly for fun ... and maybe an excuse to return to Africa. Also, curiously enough resale value for dangerous game rifle build is better ... if not in a hurry.

I vote for the Swede calibre. Holding out just because you don't have dies seems silly. Lots of them come up on ebay all the time and loaded ammo is fairly abundant.

Edit: Crap. I see he's done it already. Too late to the party. Sorry.

Couldn't find higher rings, eh?? :ROFLMAO:
Yeah yeah, I threw on what I had from the old rifle that had that scope on it. 🙂 I could drop to a medium but that puts the bolt real close to the scope. I have a fat head so it should work okay. I'll get the itch for a new scope before long anyway.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back