2021 Wyoming NR Elk Draw Results

I modified my application after the initial submission. I know I selected Regular Type 4 as my second choice. Looking at the site, it says successful SPECIAL draw type 4. I might have just drawn a $1300 cow tag! I tried to call but of course the line is busy. This was my first year applying in WY. Might have been a costly lesson as I know my 2nd choice always has leftovers!
I would say you got the $1300 cow tag. But at least you're elk hunting!

I modified my application after the initial submission. I know I selected Regular Type 4 as my second choice. Looking at the site, it says successful SPECIAL draw type 4. I might have just drawn a $1300 cow tag! I tried to call but of course the line is busy. This was my first year applying in WY. Might have been a costly lesson as I know my 2nd choice always has leftovers!
You definitely drew a $1,300.00 cow tag. You can't switch from special to regular, or vice versa, when you revise your application. But, you'll be elk hunting and I doubt you'll be thinking about that money when you are putting the stalk on a big fat cow!

Took a long odds flyer, swing and a miss - NM already has been and CO should soon be good to us too. Going to be a good fall. Congrats to all who drew.

No love for me, 3 points general I figured as much. I was thinking some with more points in no man’s land would say heck with it, I’m going hunting. I think that’s what happened, Good luck to all who drew.

Drew my first ever elk tag. General tag with 3 points. So pumped.
Congrats! I missed with 3 points.

Just read the stats - 41% of folks with 3 points drew GEN in the Preference round and ~9% odds in the Random. I had been predicting it was going to be 50/50 with 3 points and I was pretty close despite being on the wrong side of it.

However - best friends dad drew 118-1 and my archery hunting partner drew the GEN with 0 points so I'll still get to go up and help (which for me is most of the fun anyway).

Congrats! I missed with 3 points.

Just read the stats - 41% of folks with 3 points drew GEN in the Preference round and ~9% odds in the Random. I had been predicting it was going to be 50/50 with 3 points and I was pretty close despite being on the wrong side of it.

However - best friends dad drew 118-1 and my archery hunting partner drew the GEN with 0 points so I'll still get to go up and help (which for me is most of the fun anyway).
Yeah I knew I was going to be pushing it to draw with 3 points. I compounded the odds to draw my tag and the odds to draw my buddy's cow tag and it was around 9%. Very surprised we both drew. Glad you at least get to be out there this fall.

Well I have drawn my FIRST Cow elk tag...This should be interesting. @Big Fin did you or your crew make that your 3rd choice?
Nope. No tags for us or our sweepstakes winner. One sweeps winner had 11 points. He applied in the special where it took ten points last year. All the special tags went to hunters with 14+.

I think a lot of folks who had been on the sidelines buying points decided to jump in and burn points due to concerns over the likely 90/10 change in coming years. At least how it appears from my quick glance at the point numbers in the special draw.

Those who burned high points last year look like smart folks this year. Those who burned high points this year will likely look smart when the 2022 draw is done. A huge backlog of high point holders in Wyoming are likely to jump in for the foreseeable future.

It's impossible to apply for both special and regular, the system doesn't allow it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back