MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2021 Wyoming NR Elk Draw Results

Pretty sure Big Fin did a podcast after hunting this tag last year or the year before. Access is damn tough in that unit, even with the HMA.
I think he said multiple times NOT to put in for it too, haha. Maybe that was just for bulls. The elk will come down onto the HMA. Just got to be there at the right time, if you can get to it through the snow. One of those places you drive out to and they are either there, or they ain't.

I wonder at what price does the needle start to move on draw odds. Clearly not $1300. So at what point would people start to shy away? As it stands WY could raise their elk license to $1300 across the board for any elk and never miss a beat.

I have always wondered the same thing? ............I don't want prices to go up, but it is simple if money is needed for conservation......... supply and demand.

I have always wondered the same thing? ............I don't want prices to go up, but it is simple if money is needed for conservation......... supply and demand.
would a tag price increase lead to an increase of animals or just price more people out? I’d rather see a 1 tag maximum to spread a few more tags around and make people be a little more selective.

I think he said multiple times NOT to put in for it too, haha. Maybe that was just for bulls. The elk will come down onto the HMA. Just got to be there at the right time, if you can get to it through the snow. One of those places you drive out to and they are either there, or they ain't.
I found that podcast. Sounds like he wasn't hunting the HMA. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Some of y'all need to calm down.
View attachment 183852

sometimes you just scratch your head

from another forum...

MB: "Just tried checking the leftover list for wyoming and cannot get an elk list.
Anyone else having this problem?"

WB: "Well, since there aren't any leftovers and won't be until the residents draw, sit back and relax for the next month."

MB: "Did the elk list come open for uou? I didn't have the option but the wild turkey list opened fine for me."

WB: "Elk leftovers don't come out till after the residents draw........"

They had the elk draws today, the leftover draw is July 8 or 9"

WB: "the nr elk results came out today
A good piece to read is the "hunting application booklet", link is on the hunting page. It has all the dates."

MB: I was on there yesterday, 8 nonresident tags left, but non for the units I wanted
Would love to see that list. I'm getting no help from g&f after numerous requests."

WB: Of course you're not getting help.

THERE ARE NO NON RESIDENT LEFT OVER ELK TAGS, EVER.

Non residents are allocated 16% of the lq tags with a maximum of 7,250 full price. After the draw, where nr always draw less than the 7,250, the dept issues Special GEN licenses to make up the difference, up to the 7,250. So, there are NEVER any leftover nr elk tags.
Leftover Elk tags are from the resident side, and that draw is combined with the Antelope and Deer draw. Those results will be out June 17."

MB: "I found the 2021 draw odds & can extrapolate how many are leftover from that both quota and numberissued are on that list."

Last edited:
sometimes you just scratch your head

from another forum...

MB: "Just tried checking the leftover list for wyoming and cannot get an elk list.
Anyone else having this problem?"

WB: "Well, since there aren't any leftovers and won't be until the residents draw, sit back and relax for the next month."

MB: "Did the elk list come open for uou? I didn't have the option but the wild turkey list opened fine for me."

WB: "Elk leftovers don't come out till after the residents draw........"

They had the elk draws today, the leftover draw is July 8 or 9"

WB: "the nr elk results came out today
A good piece to read is the "hunting application booklet", link is on the hunting page. It has all the dates."

MB: I was on there yesterday, 8 nonresident tags left, but non for the units I wanted
Would love to see that list. I'm getting no help from g&f after numerous requests."

WB: Of course you're not getting help.

THERE ARE NO NON RESIDENT LEFT OVER ELK TAGS, EVER.

Non residents are allocated 16% of the lq tags with a maximum of 7,250 full price. After the draw, where nr always draw less than the 7,250, the dept issues Special GEN licenses to make up the difference, up to the 7,250. So, there are NEVER any leftover nr elk tags.
Leftover Elk tags are from the resident side, and that draw is combined with the Antelope and Deer draw. Those results will be out June 17."

MB: "I found the 2021 draw odds & can extrapolate how many are leftover from that both quota and numberissued are on that list."
At that point you just change direction and start to egg them on.

I got my leftover nonresident tag today, didn’t you? Aww man you must being doing it wrong, better call fish and game to sort it out.

It's kind of scary to think how many of those "functioning adults" roam around!!! People having access to all the information in the world at their fingertips, yet chose to ask strangers on the internet instead...

He was told by WG&F right after his first post on their facebook page that rwc posted, leftovers don't come out till after the resident draw. He continued to ramble and rant about wanting the Elk leftovers. He did the same thing on the forum I quoted.

I just gave up.

I modified my application after the initial submission. I know I selected Regular Type 4 as my second choice. Looking at the site, it says successful SPECIAL draw type 4. I might have just drawn a $1300 cow tag! I tried to call but of course the line is busy. This was my first year applying in WY. Might have been a costly lesson as I know my 2nd choice always has leftovers!
No pressure to fill that tag;)

There is no option to select "regular" when you edit an application.

you select "previously submitted apps"
then "modify" one of the apps
choices at that point are to modify or withdraw
clicking modify will show previous choices above new hunt selection drop down boxes, which may include a 3rd choice option which isn't available when initially submitting the app

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back