Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2021 Nevada Draw

rtraverdavis

I know I know. The application period just ended last week and the draw results may not be until the 28th, but I’m excited for this one. I’m in for everything. And, unless the Covid point creep craziness is worse than I suspect, I’ll even be up into double digit odds on my 5th choice. Amazing the confidence that 10% odds gives me.

Mostly though, I just wanted to beat @Duck-Slayer to starting the annual thread. Ha.

Good luck to everyone in the draw.

Good luck to everyone in the draw. "IN" for everything, but the depredation and spike elk and buck antelope due to drawing last year.

My daughter is out for ewe bighorn (2019 draw) and I just bought her points for bull and cow elk regular.

I know I know. The application period just ended last week and the draw results may not be until the 28th, but I’m excited for this one. I’m in for everything. And, unless the Covid point creep craziness is worse than I suspect, I’ll even be up into double digit odds on my 5th choice. Amazing the confidence that 10% odds gives me.

Mostly though, I just wanted to beat @Duck-Slayer to starting the annual thread. Ha.

Ha Ha Ha I’ll start one anyway lol 😂
Matt

Yup me too after 23 years I'm up to 20% chance for 5th choice pronghorn, and 10% on 5th choice deer. Balance of NV species ~1%. Results for Maine moose 5% w/max points & WY elk 50% w/7 points also due about the same time. Would be a great year to draw something because I finally got all my physical ailments under control so I could get back to exercising regularly.

I put in for mostly points this year as I have a lot of PTO invested in a trip to NY to see the kids and grandkids and deer hunt this fall so not a ton of time to hunt here in NV. Did apply for mule deer and cow elk hunts in areas close to Vegas, but lower odds draws I imagine. NV tags always a lot like pulling the lever on a slot machine, might win big but will probably get nothing.

Good luck!

Deputy director at NDOW says draw occurs the 24th, results posted 1130-midnight the 25th. This was in the epic outdoors podcast.

Going for resident archery bighorn. Especially since we are likely moving to Idaho or Montana this year.

I think they said there will be a 48 hour validation, so results Saturday after 5pm

I heard cc hit Friday midnight, results posted early am Saturday

Back