WY Price Hike Implications

I agree and it's all about rotation let's say I drop out this year. For every guy like me there is 10 new guys jumping in who don't care what it costs they're just keeping up with the jones's or in this case they're new favorite influencer.
I think the problem is they don't understand the cost of time. Let's say the applicant is 35 and it takes 5 point to draw in regular. Starting today, 5x$52 is $260 in fees just for the points. Assuming the pref point draw odds for WY never change, that is five years of not drawing. What is the five years worth for WY? Then they say "I need to diversify". AZ look similar so they jump in there too. Then look at buying OTC tags in ID on Dec 1, and that becomes a shitshow. Maybe it takes 3 tries to get an ID tag. MT looks attractive so they jump there too, because why not. NM is 'no points' and the odds suck but hard to say no. NV? UT? What really is the actual total cost? And by the time you're done you are 50+ and have snuck a boat load of $$$s into this, while listening to the HT experts who kill elk "every year" because they are residents that have either have a horseshoe up their arse, have private land, or bust their ass across the state to find elk. The cost in $$$??? Who knows? Just DON'T TELL MY WIFE!

I believe no change in the top 1/3rd of units for all species, but their will be change in the middle tier of units and dramatic change in the lower units.

Some of the lower units will be able to be drawn with little points as they are not worth the price hike of the special to most. And that is a stolen tag.

Remember, most NR hunters are already shooting game in their own state

Some of the lower units will be able to be drawn with little points as they are not worth the price hike of the special to most. And that is a stolen tag.

I am thinking along the same lines, the challenge will be to accurately predict where that line of mid/low point units is going to fall.

transition years also seem to produce some illogical results. I guess a lot of us think the same way. It may take a few years to actually see the random draw impacts.

It's mind blowing to me that people balk at $2,000 for WY for how much of a quality hunt you can have. Especially when hardly anyone complains about MT at $1,000+ for a flippin general tag.

Even if you draw a special tag every 5 years at 2 grand a pop, that isn't even $40 a month over that timeframe. Or like $10 a week. Give me a break.
It's OK let them decide to hunt a different state that way we don't have to put up with some, I said some non-residents that drive as far back as they can in the timber with their side by side and then wonder way they can't find any elk. Then stop by our camp and ask, have you guys seen anything or had any luck. 😒 🤔

It's OK let them decide to hunt a different state that way we don't have to put up with some, I said some non-residents that drive as far back as they can in the timber with their side by side and then wonder way they can't find any elk. Then stop by our camp and ask, have you guys seen anything or had any luck. 😒 🤔
Lol. Good post dude. (y)(y)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back