Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2021 Colorado Draw Results

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Pp only for me, hunting partner drew the tag. Surprised second choice cow tag didn’t hit considering it went third choice last year. Probably a little creep and a reduction in quota if I had to guess.

Pp only for me, hunting partner drew the tag. Surprised second choice cow tag didn’t hit considering it went third choice last year. Probably a little creep and a reduction in quota if I had to guess.
Same thing happened here. I suppose in hindsight we should have applied for the buddy tag so we either both drew or both got a point.

Unit 18 third rifle for deer, point for elk and still waiting on antelope (long shot). You who have hunted 18 before - is it over the counter for elk and if so, would you pick up the tag or is it not worth it? We'll probably not really need the meat - I'll be hunting horns.

Applied for an archery elk hunt that had 20% odds to draw with 3 points and 100% odds to draw with 4 points in 2020. My hunting partner and I each applied with 5 points this year. I drew the tag, he did not. Any other year this would be an issue, but we had already planned to turn our Colorado tags back so we can focus on his New Mexico elk tag that was a surprise draw. So he gets a point and avoids the donation to the Colorado conservation fund. I was "fortunate" enough to draw the tag, and get to spend $680 to get my points back.

Unit 18 third rifle for deer, point for elk and still waiting on antelope (long shot). You who have hunted 18 before - is it over the counter for elk and if so, would you pick up the tag or is it not worth it? We'll probably not really need the meat - I'll be hunting horns.

it is over the counter for elk

fair warning, nearly the entirety of that unit got SCORCHED last year

you'll be fine, there are lots of deer there, but i wouldn't expect all the national forest you want to be on to be legally open

No love here. I can’t decide if I want to bother with the 2nd draw or hope a bunch of people have buyer remorse and try and pick something off the leftover list

Yes, it is an OTC elk unit. One of the most heavily hunted area in the state due to its proximity to Denver. A significantly reduced huntable area this year due to last year's fires.

Don't let me get you down on the deer tag though; a lot of potential for that tag, just a lot of company.

Got my Elk cow, Deer buck, Antelope doe that I applied for. All were 2nd choices (after my PP as 1st choice) so i got exactly what i wanted. No Moose in my first eligible year 😭
Now onto OTC and 2nd draw for additional tags 🤞

I got Cow Elk, Bear, and Deer. The most surprising was my brother not drawing his archery elk tag which we thought was a sure thing. As a non resident he had 5 points and did not draw a tag that was historically guaranteed to draw at 4 points for the last 5 years.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back