MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2020 MT/WY elk

Pleasure reading the season recap, and knowing there are people who are still setting up a camp.

Lools like a pile of fun. Glaf to see your dad still getting it done. My dad would rather golf, in Arizona.

Went out this morning and filled my last elk tag for 2020.

Made a 2 mile loop just about got back to the truck and noticed about 5 elk to the east of my truck up on a ridge about 3/4 of a mile away. They disappeared over the ridge, but they gave away their position. Made a quick stalk, peeked over the ridge and the whole gang was there, 160 yards away.

Had them over a barrel so sorted through them and picked a cow on the edge of the herd. One shot from the 7-08 and I wrapped up the season. Had the ice fishing sled along and there was just enough snow that it worked great even though it was slightly uphill. Had it loaded and headed for home by 11:40 AM.

Good way to end the season:

IMG_20201214_091224019_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201214_091132911.jpg

Nice Buzz!! I think cow hunts are some of the best time spent hunting especially with family and friends, we have the most laughs cow hunting. Nice bull for dad that's awesome!! Congrats

You got some fine eating steaks once again. Always enjoy your deer and elk hunts with family I can tell ya'll have a great time. That 243 with a 100 grain is exactly what my daughters use for deer I'm going to show them those elk it will boost their confidence. Congrats on some fine hunting.

@buzz is that a stormy kromer your sporting to keep the noggin warm? If so I didn’t think da UP secret made it to wyoming eh! Thanks for sharing another one your seasons!

@BuzzH , I just discovered that we are third cousins twice removed on my step-grandmother’s side through an orphanage whose records were destroyed in a fire. Uncle Buzz!!!!! 😁

Just letting you know I am coming out to WY next fall. Hope you can think if something for us to do together while we get to know each other better. 🤔😉

(Congrats on the kick-ass season. Holy cow!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back