2019 Breaks Sheep hunt

Congrats! Sounds like a great adventure. hard work and persistence and it all paid off even if coming down to the wire.

Thanks for an explanation. I know a handful of people who hunted such as you did and only one that was on foot.
One guy ran his jet boat on to a sand bar off shore in the lake. The tag holder swam for shore, hiked out and eventually made it back with a parachute which helped them get unstuck.
It's a no nonsense hunt, I wonder if most people really think it over when they apply.
Thanks again.
After being on the river and seeing the intricacies of trying to navigate it I think most people think oh you just rent a jet boat and you takeoff down the river. you are literally weaving back-and-forth following the channels but you have to know how to read the river and what you’re looking for. if you were to just go straight down the middle you’d end up stuck. I think that’s what’s happening with most people it’s not as simple as just lining up a jet boat and going.

Awesome ram - congrats.

The logistics of hunting that unit are often lost - loved to hear you highlight them.

I ran into John once a few years back. He was super helpful - and very passionate about the sheep. I'm glad the hunt turned out well for you.

Very nice Ram, glad you got one! I run my jet boat closer to Great Falls in the upper breaks, you definitely need to pay attention to what you are doing. Running in the dark adds a little adventure to it! ;)

Every time I take the boat out, I know there's roughly a 50% chance of a fiasco. I've had a lot of them.

Congratulations Bart! Thank you for the great write up and those photos, what a beautiful and daunting area. I do believe you squeezed every ounce of adventure out of that OIL tag ...... and then some!

Well done, getting the most out of a once in lifetime tag is where its at.

Congratulations!

Awesome job and way to get your monies worth with your hunt! Definitely making Hunt Talk great again! Congrats on a well earned trophy and experience of a lifetime.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back