MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2015 Bull

Muleyfanatic

Headed to Wyoming on 10/8 to get the last part of deer season and to hunt elk the first week of the season. I was greeted with high temperatures and clear skies which made for tougher than expected hunting. I deer hunted the evening of 10/9 through 10/14 passed on some below average 4x4's and hiked my brains out for the entire season but was unable to turn up a buck I wanted to harvest. Started elk hunting on 10/15 in the same warm temperatures with swirling winds. The ground crunched with every step making still hunting all but impossible. I did see 2 bulls and 4 cows on the first day but was unable to get a clear shot at either. The second day of the season I encountered the same conditions. I spotted a small busted up bull first thing in the morning and passed on him. Around noon the wind finally picked up and provided some cover noise for a walk through the timber. I was able intercept this bull as he followed a cow through the timber.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 967
That's the way you do it; Do what you can under the conditions you are dealt. Congrats!

Congrats on a dandy bull! I was in WY at the same time. The weather was perfect for camping, not so much for hunting. You did well in spite of it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back