2015 Bull

Muleyfanatic

Headed to Wyoming on 10/8 to get the last part of deer season and to hunt elk the first week of the season. I was greeted with high temperatures and clear skies which made for tougher than expected hunting. I deer hunted the evening of 10/9 through 10/14 passed on some below average 4x4's and hiked my brains out for the entire season but was unable to turn up a buck I wanted to harvest. Started elk hunting on 10/15 in the same warm temperatures with swirling winds. The ground crunched with every step making still hunting all but impossible. I did see 2 bulls and 4 cows on the first day but was unable to get a clear shot at either. The second day of the season I encountered the same conditions. I spotted a small busted up bull first thing in the morning and passed on him. Around noon the wind finally picked up and provided some cover noise for a walk through the timber. I was able intercept this bull as he followed a cow through the timber.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 967
That's the way you do it; Do what you can under the conditions you are dealt. Congrats!

Congrats on a dandy bull! I was in WY at the same time. The weather was perfect for camping, not so much for hunting. You did well in spite of it!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back