Yeti GOBOX Collection

2012 Minnesota Moose Hunt - The Story

awesome story and pictures on a truly once in a lifetime hunt! I am so envious of you that you got to do that twice! a truly great experience it must have been.

It is very sad that the population is doing what it is... I sure hope it bounces back. I was just going to start applying this year.

Congrats again!

I got to experience 2 moose hunts in the 80s (my dad had a license one year and myself two years later). It wasnt until a few years later that it went to once in a lifetime. I decided to wait until my kids were old enough to go and now they have closed the season so I dont know if that will happen.

Sharing a hunting adventure with your dad/kids is pretty special I will say. Congrats and welcome to the site.

By the way, I have done a lot of research on DIY elk hunting in the west (including WY) and would be happy to compare notes. PM me if interested.

Wow, what an adventure. That's as cool as it gets right there.

They make our Shiras look like beagles.

BTW, the backstrap pic is an excellent example of the scale of effort expended.

epic trip, and great story. I spent a lot of time in the BWCA when I lived in MN, but never hunted moose. Its an amazing place, you have to earn it out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back