Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2007 WY mule deer

BuzzH

The wife and I spent the last several days hunting mule deer. Pat drew a permit in a fairly tough to draw unit and we decided to spend as much time as possible in there.

A typical day of hunting was usually spent glassing 4-6 foot sage for deer. Our best day we glassed up 118 deer, the worst day 36 were seen. I have never spent more time behind binoculars in 7 days as I did on this hunt.

Early in the hunt we saw 2 bucks that were really good, but we had some bad luck and failed to connect. We saw lots of good bucks, some unique bucks (28" wide 2-point), and lots of younger bucks.

After a lot of hours of hunting, glassing, and hiking Pat decided to take this buck. Not the biggest buck in the unit, but one that was well earned and shot on the last day we could hunt. Very rewarding hunt for both of us.

Pats deer:

057.JPG

Another look:
067.JPG

That's a good looking buck. Congratulations to Pat. Looks like she made a great shot, too.

Great buck. Glad you had an opportunity to look at a bunch of deer and hunt them until the last day.

Anytime you're glassing up that many deer you're likley having a good time...sharing it with family is even better. Congrats to you and the Mrs. there Buzz.

Wow, that's fantastic! Is she the one that taught you everything you know?
Sounds like she could teach patience for sure, the last day, whew. That's hard to do, but its what you said you two decided and you did great.

Congratulations!!

Sounds like some well spent family time. Great result too. Congrats!

If Pat keeps this up she'll have to hire another personal taxidermist! Congrats!

PS - No Bella shots?? ;)

Buzz,
Congrats to your wife! Thats a good lookin' cape on that buck.

BTW did you see any big elk while you were out there? I know a guy that ended up not getting a bull out there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back