Wyoming

Anybody else intrigued as to why guys with 15, 14, etc points are burning them on General tags? That is a long time to invest only to say "chuck it"
I’m always curious why this happens year after year.
The only thing I can figure is they were just buying points to buy them and then got hooked up with an outfitter that has a big lease in a general unit and decided just to use them or are doing a combo elk/deer.

Someone in your group is lying to you. 4.25 was 100%.
That’s what I’m wondering about. My buddy had 4 points but just told me he had 5 because he got one he when he applied, but I believe that is incorrect in Wyoming, you don’t get the point until you buy one when that opens later in the year. I think my math of 3.8 is correct. We had 3 guys with 4 and one with 3 when we applied.

I could see someone accumulating PP then having the chance to share with a youth or someone close.
Health issues come into play as well.
I've heard of guys with multiple PP that can no longer hunt applying for general licenses to donate to disabled hunters.
Lots of scenarios can come into play.

Outfitter booked in a general area too may be the reason, some good private land hunts in general areas.

That’s what I’m wondering about. My buddy had 4 points but just told me he had 5 because he got one he when he applied, but I believe that is incorrect in Wyoming, you don’t get the point until you buy one when that opens later in the year. I think my math of 3.8 is correct. We had 3 guys with 4 and one with 3 when we applied.
3.75 average. If you were in the regular fee General was about 12% at under 4pts.

I’m always curious why this happens year after year.
The only thing I can figure is they were just buying points to buy them and then got hooked up with an outfitter that has a big lease in a general unit and decided just to use them or are doing a combo elk/deer.
I’m assuming that guys just age out.

In this case where they're applying as a group wouldn't the application show up in the demand report as the average number of points for that application?
Yes, it would show up as averaged, not as their individual point total. This is different than in Colorado.

That's based on the 2021 season.
The link is for 2022, scroll down and see that elk are the only option for checking odds, besides the Trophy game species. Also on the left hand side as you scroll down there is a bold letter that shows 2022 draw odds for the link I posted. 2021 is right below that. I think WYGF forgot to change the first sentence from 2021 to 2022.

Back