Wyoming

I think if they were averaging it would show up in the draw report as the average of the group.
I believe that is correct. Who knows, people do all kinds of crazy stuff in the draw for who knows what reasons.

Same reason guys with max sheep and moose points don't even apply...and could draw any unit they apply for.

Who knows?

The link is for 2022, scroll down and see that elk are the only option for checking odds, besides the Trophy game species. Also on the left hand side as you scroll down there is a bold letter that shows 2022 draw odds for the link I posted. 2021 is right below that. I think WYGF forgot to change the first sentence from 2021 to 2022.

That's the odds for 2022. That's not the actual draw . They haven't stated the tag numbers and applications yet.

In this case where they're applying as a group wouldn't the application show up in the demand report as the average number of points for that application?
Every applicant is shown in the demand report, and each is shown with the averaged group points. A group of three with 4 points averaged will show as three 1st choice applicants in the 4 point pool. Licenses "issued" can be more than the quota but will never exceed the applicants in a given pool.

The link is for 2022, scroll down and see that elk are the only option for checking odds, besides the Trophy game species. Also on the left hand side as you scroll down there is a bold letter that shows 2022 draw odds for the link I posted. 2021 is right below that. I think WYGF forgot to change the first sentence from 2021 to 2022.

Ok that doesn't account for tag numbers and for how many people applying this year. The odds will not be posted for months.

• Wow
Reactions: LCH
I could see someone accumulating PP then having the chance to share with a youth or someone close.
Health issues come into play as well.
I've heard of guys with multiple PP that can no longer hunt applying for general licenses to donate to disabled hunters.
Lots of scenarios can come into play.

Outfitter booked in a general area too may be the reason, some good private land hunts in general areas.
Intel on a giant in a general area? Just never know

My buddy had 4 points but just told me he had 5 because he got one he when he applied
I think admissions like this should automatically invalidate an application. If a dude’s that out of touch, we gotta move on to someone who’s paying attention. Kinda like the guy who draws a ram tag in MT and then admits he didn’t remember which unit he applied for.

“Sorry, dude. No sheep for you.”

B6B9DB57-6661-4F6F-A7DB-6BACABE6B6F6.gif

A friend of mine screwed up his app and drew the unit 7 type 2 Raghorn only late season tag . He’s never shot an elk . He’s not sure he should be excited or pi$$ed off , I haven’t hunted that tag so I don’t know what to say either ?

Ok that doesn't account for tag numbers and for how many people applying this year. The odds will not be posted for months.
wrong. WY sets the standard for quickly postng the recap of the draw. Always posted the day the results come out, or at least the last few years they have.

Why re you saying the 2022 draw odds wont be posted when they are right there for all to see?

That’s what I’m wondering about. My buddy had 4 points but just told me he had 5 because he got one he when he applied, but I believe that is incorrect in Wyoming, you don’t get the point until you buy one when that opens later in the year. I think my math of 3.8 is correct. We had 3 guys with 4 and one with 3 when we applied.
Some friends I will trust and some I will only do a group app with if they show me proof of their point total. Your “5 point” guy belongs in the latter group.
LOL

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back