Wyoming - flying aircraft over private to access public land

Since Jeff and I worked on this regulation directly with the game and fish I can say for sure that the wording of the regulation is not by chance. What the regulation does is for the first time allow a person to legally fly in and hunt state lands. Prior to that with the 24 hour rule, there was no way to legally hunt state lands by flying in since its illegal to camp over night on state land. The gf attorney also suggested we go for the August 1 through end of January regulation so it reflected and made sense from a hunting regulation standpoint. The regulation was specifically intended to end scouting while still making it legal to use aircraft to access land locked blm and state lands. We also changed the definition of aircraft to include drones. Myself, Jeff, and Brian Nesvik, the new gf director worked on this together to get the regulation passed.

Buzz, if this is so, this is good news! Since you appear to have close ties, would the legal honcho at G & F draft up and publish an opinion? I called Cheyenne a few hours ago and was told no no no

Oh yeah, you're that internet stalker. Nice to see you haven't changed much in a decade. Lol.
naw...just someone who had to navigate through your 50,000+ posts to get to the content. but if I recall, you were always one of those drama net queens that always had a 'stalker' tailin' ya. Doubt you were ever that important.
Anyhoo, If you are who I think you are, your online butt buddies were, red dog, or wet dog and that big city LA japanese dude?

carry on

Last edited:
yea....I'm kinda' thinkin' that you weren't really "in" on the drafting of this Reg. THX for the laffs

Next time your badass self is attending a game and fish meeting ask nesvik if Hettick and Muratore had anything to do with the regulation you’re whimpering about. Or you could ask Pat Crank, the past attorney general who is also now on the gf commission as well... he was there too when he and the commission approved it.

Oh yeah, you're that internet stalker. Nice to see you haven't changed much in a decade. Lol.

For folks who have read some of the archived hunts, or have been around HT for years, I've had a feeling that this sounds familiar.
I was thinking of echoes of "wingman/wingman2" postings of yesteryear?

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back