Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming Corner Crossing Defense Fund

This far from over guys. All they did was ask the judge to toss the case. Even if he/she does toss it, that doesn't mean that all of a sudden just like that all corner crossing is suddenly legal nationwide.

However, what a positive first step seeing this motion. I'm actually hoping that it isn't tossed out so this case does go into court. I feel there is more to gain in our favor if it does.

You know what is sweet about this article? They show you EXACTLY where this occurred. And this area has lots of good Antelope (I've hunter it personally three times with 100 percent success) decent deer and lots of elk. I hope there are plenty of hunters out there that see this and flood the area!

I'll help even further, Google elk mountain, look west to elk mountain. Hunt all around it and hopefully all up on it now without fear of an angry landowner!

No idea how this will play out but there seems to be a fair chance the folks at Elk Mountain Ranch and the Carbon County DA will have regrets, and that's pretty cool.
No matter how it plays out from this point forward, the damage to Elk Mountain has been done. I don't know exactly how many people will be hunting this mountain and surrounding area next year but I do know that it will be more than the 1 other hunter I saw while I was there for 5 days last October.

The defense motion to dismiss might not carry the day, but it certainly lays out the main issue in this case, and the corner crossing debate as a whole, in my mind, which is what is the interplay between the Federal Unlawful Inclosures Act of 1885, trespass as defined by State statutes and so called "corner crossing?" Interesting to note that there is some US Supreme Court case law and WY District case law interpreting the Unlawful Inclosures Act of 1885 which is linked below. I don't see how this case in particular or the corner crossing issue as a whole can be decided or interpreted without addressing the interplay/impact of the Unlawful Inclosures Act of 1885 to the issue at bar.

Camfield v. United States, 167 U.S. 518 (1897)

Buford v. Houtz, 133 U.S. 320 (1890)

UNITED STATES ex rel. BERGEN v. WYOMING WILDLIFE FEDN., 620 F. Supp. 1414​

No matter how it plays out from this point forward, the damage to Elk Mountain has been done. I don't know exactly how many people will be hunting this mountain and surrounding area next year but I do know that it will be more than the 1 other hunter I saw while I was there for 5 days last October.
I thought the same thing a few weeks ago. If the rancher kept his mouth shut there would be 3 or 4 people hunting. Now there will be a 100 if all goes well.

I thought the same thing a few weeks ago. If the rancher kept his mouth shut there would be 3 or 4 people hunting. Now there will be a 100 if all goes well.
Yup, I personally did not corner cross while in that unit even though it was extremely tempting. The one other hunter I saw told me he wouldn't dare attempt to corner cross in that area and I took his word for it as I didn't need to (plenty to chase after where I didn't have to corner cross) nor did I want to cause a fuss by doing so. I'm guessing the vast majority of us that have united this area do the same. He turned something that wasn't really much of a problem or inconvenience into something that might drastically impact his "way of life"!!!

Was happy to see this... as queried / commented earlier.

Semerad’s second filing seeks to consolidate the four trespass cases for trial.

Few things of knowledge I'd like to chime in with because I think a few things have been brought up without really knowing much about them.

First off, survey markers are not placed or verified using GPS as stated here:

I work for an engineering firm that does a lot of land surveying. They locate and place new property markers using old and new school technology that involve lasers, rulers, transits, etc. NOT GPS. In the surveying world, its critical that the placement of a marker be extremely previse and that level of precision does not exist with GPS.
you may want to revisit this topic with some of the surveyors at your company. GPS is used all the time for boundary work.
Survey grade RTK GPS is sub-centimeter accurate horizonatally and within about an inch or less vertically.

I hope this backfires as much as possible...

And it gets better

What in Deliverance, dumb hick, cousin f'n, bullshit is that?!?! They were lucky they we a group of four, one or two guys would have probably been forcefully removed or shit would have escalated to fists, if not worst...

I hope this backfires as much as possible...

What in Deliverance, dumb hick, cousin f'n, bullshit is that?!?! They were lucky they we a group of four, one or two guys would have probably been forcefully removed or shit would have escalated to fists, if not worst...
1643924969495.png
First comment... welcome to the west. Be a good piece of shit non-resident and pay a rancher to use 'his' public land.

View attachment 211092
First comment... welcome to the west. Be a good piece of shit non-resident and pay a rancher to use 'his' public land.
I wonder why the government when creating those leases specifically just lists grazing under the terms? Maybe this guy should read the terms of those leases. If he did, will might be shocked to find that there is nothing in the lease agreement about having rights to the recreational uses of those lands...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back