Wyoming Corner Crossing Defense Fund

Curious, why separate attorneys? I would think a unified position by one vs four potential targets? Four separate juries or Judge rulings. Suppose one judge ruling would reflect the same for all hunters. Everyone thinks they're all for one and one for all until the prosecution finds the weak link in the chain and plea deals out of any penalty and deferred conviction that fades from criminal record 6 months later.

I'm a fan of this cool attorney named Billy Bob Thornton on the non fiction television series called Goliath on Amazon Prime. Makes me qualified to share my opinion. ;)

Curious, why separate attorneys? I would think a unified position by one vs four potential targets?

Everyone thinks they're all for one and one for all until the prosecution finds the weak link in the chain and plea deals out of any penalty and deferred conviction that fades from criminal record 6 months later.
You answered your own question.

@Sytes , Billy Bob would get corner crossing legalized, with compensation in the form of all of elk mountain ranch's land holdings awarded to the defendants for their troubles🤣

@Sytes , Billy Bob would get corner crossing legalized, with compensation in the form of all of elk mountain ranch's land holdings awarded to the defendants for their troubles🤣
And ride away on the resurrected dead horse that usually visits these corner crossing threads.

I have two questions about this.

1. Most private/public 4-corners cannot be found with the precision that the corner in question can. Few have identifying fences (rarely precisely on boundaries anyway), nor permanent survey markers. Anyone that claims OnX and other "civilian" GPS systems can precisely locate corners is lyin'. So would something "in the spirit" of corner crossing be what is eventually gained? I don't see anyone paying to legally measure and mark corners anytime soon.

2. With respect to passing over private property, I believe in most states, including WY and MT, that it is legal to float over private property on a river. It certainly is on my property here in Iowa as well. So, what's the difference if my boot passes over someone's property in naked air or in the bottom of a canoe? It would seem that river floating really does have something to say about this passing over private property. Or maybe I'm all wet.

I have two questions about this.

2. With respect to passing over private property, I believe in most states, including WY and MT, that it is legal to float over private property on a river. It certainly is on my property here in Iowa as well. So, what's the difference if my boot passes over someone's property in naked air or in the bottom of a canoe? It would seem that river floating really does have something to say about this passing over private property. Or maybe I'm all wet.
Because most state Constitutions, or later in statute, specifically identify that the state owns the water in navigable streams. Such delineation has never happened for air space, thus most rely on the 800 year-old concept of "ad coelum" that has been cited as an applicable legal doctrine in many instances related to airspace.

1. Isn’t that what the geocache people do. I am just tangentially familiar with it through a friends dad but he seeks out corner pins and “collects” them and shares them worth the group? I may be off, but that was my understanding.

2. The second gets into navigable waters, which basically incorporates reserved easements prior to statehood.

1. Isn’t that what the geocache people do. I am just tangentially familiar with it through a friends dad but he seeks out corner pins and “collects” them and shares them worth the group? I may be off, but that was my understanding.

2. The second gets into navigable waters, which basically incorporates reserved easements prior to statehood.
Well, I believe the geocache game has riddles and clues for those final meters. But here there can be no scrambling about searching for a corner pin that may not even be there, since it would be improbable in the extreme to find a hidden one before trespassing on private.

Randy already rained on my other point :( Still think there is some relevance with respect to property damage of such an act. But whatever.

What ever happened to charges against landowners for vehicle operations and chain on public lands?
To the best of my knowledge the paper work has been filed by the game Warden with the county attorney.

I also had a talk with Rick King the chief game Warden and I expressed my concerns that there is lots of foot dragging when it comes to citing for hunter harassment. He agreed and I'm waiting for him to look into 3 specific cases we talked about.

To the best of my knowledge the paper work has been filed by the game Warden with the county attorney.

I also had a talk with Rick King the chief game Warden and I expressed my concerns that there is lots of foot dragging when it comes to citing for hunter harassment. He agreed and I'm waiting for him to look into 3 specific cases we talked about.
I know there is also federal level hunter harassment law that should apply since this was federal lands. Buzz keep up good work and please keep press on! Let us know if we should start making calls and asking questions, to excuse the landowner charges is just encouraging this type activity.

I know there is also federal level hunter harassment law that should apply since this was federal lands. Buzz keep up good work and please keep press on! Let us know if we should start making calls and asking questions, to excuse the landowner charges is just encouraging this type activity.
There is an exponentially higher odds of getting state charges filed then there would be getting federal charges filed in a case like this. Sad, but that’s the way it is.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back