Caribou Gear

Wyoming Antelope Draft Numbers - Yikes

I think going by last years points this year will be impossible. With all those cuts, expect many people to change their application.

Last edited:
I am glad they reduced so much but felt like deer they could of done more. Would of liked to seen cuts to region G, H got 200 tags cut and G got none? Same mountains! I also wish they would of reduced season on front side instead on back of dates 21sep-7oct instead, would of made a bigger difference i think. Glad they are atleast trying to do what' they think is best for herd! I really wish they would let us eradicate whitetails west of i25 to help these muleys winter ranges.

Point creep got me a couple times and I was really hoping to cash in this year. No way I’m going to try for a tag now

I spent a couple of hours looking it over…. It’s gonna be tough for a NR to get a tag.
Some units I was looking at will go from 3 or 4 tags in the random to probably zero.
I’m glad they’re responding to the winter but it maybe a few years before I get another tag.
Like ccc said I’m suprised they cut the deer like they did in H but not G?

You don't think Wy G&F is not setting very liberal whitetail seasons?
Not liberal enough, i wish they would treat them like a invasive species west of i25. I know i see less muleys and more whitetails every year in many places that historically didnt have whitetails. I dont want to start a rant i just believe whitetails are a significant part of the muleys demise and each have there places on the wyoming landscape and i consider i25 a identifiable divider.

Not liberal enough, i wish they would treat them like an invasive species west of i25. I know i see less muleys and more whitetails every year in many places that historically didnt have whitetails. I dont want to start a rant i just believe whitetails are a significant part of the muleys demise and each have there places on the wyoming landscape and i consider i25 an identifiable divider.
Could’ve treated elk like an invasive species 30 years ago too.

I'm good, my units look OK for my points :)

I wouldn't count any chickens before they hatch... between the huge number of cuts in WY and other western states, I'd expect a ton more applicants for a smaller number of tags just about everywhere this year

Not liberal enough, i wish they would treat them like a invasive species west of i25. I know i see less muleys and more whitetails every year in many places that historically didnt have whitetails. I dont want to start a rant i just believe whitetails are a significant part of the muleys demise and each have there places on the wyoming landscape and i consider i25 a identifiable divider.
I know whitetail are not the problem, and you better think about the fact that as mule deer keep declining, if not for whitetail, you may not be hunting deer at all. Whitetails are also a good way for many hunters in Wyoming to make an easier decision to NOT kill a mule deer, while, instead killing a whitetail.

That's a tough reality that I had to come to grips with in places I've hunted in Montana. I wish the mule deer populations were better, but there are lots of things working against them.

No way do I feel whitetails should be treated as an invasive, certainly hunted, but not wiped out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back