Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyo Wildlife Task Force and the new outfitter/landowner draw proposal

A very sincere thank you to those of you who are participating in meetings, and keeping the rest of us apprised of what’s going on. Keep hammering those comments, like Randy said it is absolutely exhausting, but you do what you gotta do.
I couldn’t agree more with this. Mulecreek, JM77, BuzzH, and others…I can’t thank you guys enough for these updates and for the front row hard work you’re doing.

If your comments were not submitted for this current public comment period, they won't be considered on this subject. Other than that:
Rusty Bell: [email protected]
Brian Nesvik: [email protected]
Duaine Hagen: [email protected]
Elissa Ruckle: [email protected]
Joshua W.D. Coursey: [email protected]
Lee Livingston: [email protected]
Liisa Anselmi Dalton: [email protected]
Pat Crank: [email protected]
Peter Dube: [email protected]
Representative, Albert Sommers: [email protected]
Representative, Jamie Flitner: [email protected]
Joe Shaffer: [email protected]
Senator, Ogden Driskill: [email protected]
Senator, Larry Hicks: [email protected]
Sy Gilliland: [email protected]
Tony Lehner: [email protected]
Adam Tetan: [email protected]
Tod Larson: [email protected]
Outstanding - thanks. Emails on their way.

Outfitters keep focusing on the money THEY bring to local economy which IMO is BS. They, for the most part, pocket all of it. Yes, they employ individuals (who are not necessarily from Wyoming btw...), buy groceries and get gas, etc. But for the most part, the hospitality industry in Wyoming gets nothing from them. They're not booking hotels, they get guys in spike camps, bunk houses (on private), cottages (on private), etc. Also, they probably do very selective "shopping" to maximize feeding clients at low cost.

Now what does the average NR DIY guy/gal does? They rent hotel rooms/Air BnBs, some rent cars if they fly in, get gas at various gas stations, buy groceries, go to the restaurant, etc, etc, etc... NR DIYers pump money into local economies AND the State, period. Heck, even those who camp end up spending probably more locally than for guided hunts.

The majority of outfitted hunts money goes towards the outfitter, plain and simple.
I would love to see someone do a study to prove this so we would have something more concrete to argue and inlighten every time this comes up. Is there anything on economic impact?

Thanks for the heads up and link to comment. Took me a bit to figure out the workaround for commenting without a google account but I figured it out and submitted.

Does anyone know if the commission will actually release public comments for public review prior to the meeting on Monday?

Unfortunately the task forces proved multiple times they don't care what public opinion is they just go through the steps and make the recommendations that they want. Hopefully it's not the case for the outfitter welfare but I am not holding my breath.

So right now 90/10 has been voted down as well as outfitter set asides by the Task Force.

Waiting period for Residents only is going to more public comment.

Special fees for NR's (likely all NR fee's) are going to be increased "substantially" as well as the fees for the big-5.

Everyone gets a kick to the groin.

I think Professional Outfitters and Guides of America has been reading some of our threads.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back