Wyo Task Force - Nonres Comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
that representative looked real happy talking about the 700 or so non-res e mails he recieved,,even though he doesnt care about us,i hope we made his day.

All the states should do away with non resident hunting and fishing,everyone stay in your state,as that is what it seems that every resident wants.

^^

That will never happen. Wyoming would collapse without NR dollars feeding their monster that has been created.

But if it did, Resident licenses WILL go THROUGH THE ROOF to make up the loss of revenue and the Residents will be begging for NR's money to come back. lol
With all the Resident complainers on this site,I think my statement is exactly what needs too happen,then the Residents hunters will start complaining about high tag prices.

It is evident by most of the Wyo res posts that they aren't aware or could care less about revenue impacts nonres have on their state and local economies. As I've stated many times nonres contribute 77% of total license/pref pt revenue directly to the WG&F. Contributions from the Rocky Mtn Elk Foundation, Mule deer foundation, and other grants are in the millions of $.

Here's a prime example of contribution to Wyo from the Rocky Mtn Elk Foundation. I'm sure there were a few nonres donors for this project. What happens if Wyo continues to slice nonres opportunity. Do you think there will be loss of supporters that contribute to these projects if their opportunity is lost drawing tags?

ELK NETWORKWYOMING ACCESS PROGRAM OPENED HUNTING TO 2.6 MILLION ACRES IN 2020​

GENERAL | MARCH 9, 2021​

wyoming-elk-winter.jpg

Below is a news release from the Wyoming Game and Fish Department. The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation provided 2020 funding that opened hunter access to 46,500 acres.
A Wyoming Game and Fish Department program that works with landowners to secure permission for the public to access private lands for hunting and fishing saw another year of success. In 2020, Access Yes opened access to more than 2.6 million acres of land for hunting as well as 4,005 lake acres and 87 stream miles for fishing on otherwise inaccessible private, state and landlocked public lands.
“Access to places to hunt and fish has never been more highly-valued than today,” said Rick King, chief of the Game and Fish’s wildlife division. “Maintaining and expanding access for hunting and fishing is a top priority for Game and Fish for recreation and to meet wildlife management objectives.”
Revenue for Access Yes comes from the sale of lifetime and annual conservation stamps, court-imposed restitution fees from individuals convicted of wildlife violations and Access Yes account interest. The program also benefits from donations from organizations and individual hunters and anglers — about 21% of the revenue is from donations. Combined, these sources generated $1.17 million for the program last year.
Access Yes coordinators collaborate with landowners to enroll them into one of the Game and Fish access programs: hunter management areas, walk-in hunting areas and/or walk-in fishing areas. Donations from hunters, anglers and conservation groups are used to make easement payments to landowners for hunting and fishing access.
“Thank you to landowners for their partnership to make these access opportunities possible,” King said. “We also extend our thanks to hunters and anglers for donating to Access Yes when buying a license and to our partners for their continued donations to support the program. Each dollar donated equates to 2.8 acres of access.”
To learn more about Access Yes lands open to hunting and fishing, read the 2020 report and visit the Game and Fish Public Access page. Anyone can donate to Access Yes when buying and applying for their 2021 license to continue to support opening more places to hunt and fish in Wyoming.
(Photo source: Wyoming Game and Fish Department)

Last edited:
It is evident by most of the Wyo res posts that they aren't aware or could care less about revenue impacts nonres have on their state and local economies. As I've stated many times nonres contribute 77% of total license/pref pt revenue directly to the WG&F. Contributions from the Rocky Mtn Elk Foundation, Mule deer foundation, and other grants are in the millions of $.

Here's a prime example of contribution to Wyo from the Rocky Mtn Elk Foundation. I'm sure there were a few nonres donors for this project. What happens if Wyo continues to slice nonres opportunity. Do you think there will be loss of supporters that contribute to these projects if their opportunity is lost drawing tags?

ELK NETWORKWYOMING ACCESS PROGRAM OPENED HUNTING TO 2.6 MILLION ACRES IN 2020​

GENERAL | MARCH 9, 2021​

wyoming-elk-winter.jpg

Below is a news release from the Wyoming Game and Fish Department. The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation provided 2020 funding that opened hunter access to 46,500 acres.
A Wyoming Game and Fish Department program that works with landowners to secure permission for the public to access private lands for hunting and fishing saw another year of success. In 2020, Access Yes opened access to more than 2.6 million acres of land for hunting as well as 4,005 lake acres and 87 stream miles for fishing on otherwise inaccessible private, state and landlocked public lands.
“Access to places to hunt and fish has never been more highly-valued than today,” said Rick King, chief of the Game and Fish’s wildlife division. “Maintaining and expanding access for hunting and fishing is a top priority for Game and Fish for recreation and to meet wildlife management objectives.”
Revenue for Access Yes comes from the sale of lifetime and annual conservation stamps, court-imposed restitution fees from individuals convicted of wildlife violations and Access Yes account interest. The program also benefits from donations from organizations and individual hunters and anglers — about 21% of the revenue is from donations. Combined, these sources generated $1.17 million for the program last year.
Access Yes coordinators collaborate with landowners to enroll them into one of the Game and Fish access programs: hunter management areas, walk-in hunting areas and/or walk-in fishing areas. Donations from hunters, anglers and conservation groups are used to make easement payments to landowners for hunting and fishing access.
“Thank you to landowners for their partnership to make these access opportunities possible,” King said. “We also extend our thanks to hunters and anglers for donating to Access Yes when buying a license and to our partners for their continued donations to support the program. Each dollar donated equates to 2.8 acres of access.”
To learn more about Access Yes lands open to hunting and fishing, read the 2020 report and visit the Game and Fish Public Access page. Anyone can donate to Access Yes when buying and applying for their 2021 license to continue to support opening more places to hunt and fish in Wyoming.
(Photo source: Wyoming Game and Fish Department)

That you haven't donated a single dime to...cheapskate.

Quit with acting like you give a chit about access programs, small businesses and funding the GF. All you care about is Jim Sebastian and finding the next NR's to bilk out of their points.

Here's what it looks like to donate Sebastian, post up your contributions:

B3EC4A1B-E3A5-4C13-A474-AF36753A37101.jpeg

I'm in the top handful of private donors to Accessyes and have been the whole time I've lived in Wyoming. Between my wife and I, we've donated somewhere between $4500-$5000 since 2001.

AF36F403-73BF-4630-816E-2DC78C053F54.jpeg

Isn't hard to find my name listed on the GF website as a top 4-5 of individual donors to Accessyes either.

Just made another nice donation when I picked up my general deer and elk licenses Monday...my donation to accessyes was more than what I paid for my licenses.

I'm sure I'll get another letter from the Director.

Last edited:
All of you guys who say to boycott WY.....wah There will be many guys ready to take your place. Just for antelope, where else in the west can you get 4 doe tags and a buck tag every year for crazy cheap doe prices. You are all full of shit and don't want to admit all you can get from Wyoming. I don't mind the 90/10, even though I'm not a resident yet. It goes along with the rest of the western states. Wyoming has been one of he best deals in the west, but guys would rather sit around and bitch.

ya know ,after watching your senator landon talk on page 19 video snip,,it sure sounds like he is up in the air on this one,in fact it seems to appear that he could easily be a no vote..i wouldnt count on it 100 pct buzz..like he said,its like reffing a game and half the house wont like the call.he thought about the many adverse effects that this could bring on to 5 or 6 industrys and thinks it should be thought out more from my understanding.thanks for the video input.thats my take on it anyway.

That money goes the the game departments.
With the entitlement mentality of some of you it would not hurt my feelings to saw no to all NR hunting. I would gladly pay the increased price for tags at this point.
And the WY residents show their true colors again, future member of the WY 100-0 tag allocation task force.

Did you take away from the meetings or public comment that this is the sentiment of all or most Wyoming residents? Or did you not watch the meetings either...
That’s fair, I am sure WY resident sentiment varies depending on who you talk to. I did watch portions of the meetings. My comment was directed toward the more vocal members of this forum. Clearly not the sentiment of all resident hunters currently but give it a few years of increased NR pressure in general units and it will become mainstream. Pair that with the premise that NR hunters provide marginal at best contribution to WY economy and/or wildlife conservation, and it seems like a logical proposal in the near future.

That you haven't donated a single dime to...cheapskate.

Quit with acting like you give a chit about access programs, small businesses and funding the GF. All you care about is Jim Sebastian and finding the next NR's to bilk out of their points.

Here's what it looks like to donate Sebastian, post up your contributions:

B3EC4A1B-E3A5-4C13-A474-AF36753A37101.jpeg

I'm in the top handful of private donors to Accessyes and have been the whole time I've lived in Wyoming. Between my wife and I, we've donated somewhere between $4500-$5000 since 2001.

AF36F403-73BF-4630-816E-2DC78C053F54.jpeg

Isn't hard to find my name listed on the GF website as a top 4-5 of individual donors to Accessyes either.

Just made another nice donation when I picked up my general deer and elk licenses Monday...my donation to accessyes was more than what I paid for my licenses.

I'm sure I'll get another letter from the Director.

I saw the name Lloyd Hettick on the $25-$499 list. How often do they update it that list?

Buzz on non-residents in Montana (vital to local economy, supporting local businesses):

6B7A2FC2-D856-4D66-B292-31D9309C2910.jpeg

Buzz on nonresidents in Wyoming (just doin’ the bare bones minimum and heading home):

677047EC-8C20-4B77-8BCF-855D4A519428.jpeg

I’m not trying to be a tool to Buzz, I certainly value all that he has done and continues to do. However, since he’s one of the more vocal members on this issue, this stuck out to me. Why do nonresident hunter’s financial contributions to the local economy differ so greatly in Montana vs Wyoming?

These threads all boil down to the same thing… people realize the resource is getting more scarce and want tags for themselves. That is a reasonable thought for sure, but the virtue signaling and chest thumping is getting a bit tired.

I will just go ahead and say what we are all thinking- I want to be able to obtain big game tags, and I’m usually going to be against anything that will make that less likely (not like it’s going to make a bit of difference anyway…).

There! My secret is out. I feel so much better getting that off of my chest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back