Wyo Task Force - Nonres Comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious why you think legislatures in Wyoming should care what someone thinks that's not their constituents?
Are non-residents vermin? I am a non-resident to my birth state. I pay property tax there. I planted a lot of trees there. Have most of my family there. Yet, am a non-resident. Sure, I guess I deserve no say. I mean, I don't vote there. I just write checks there currently. Including for some local candidates I know.

As for WY, am not currently nor will I ever be a resident there. I have spent quite a bit of money in WY on hunting and a couple of vacations. In those two decades since first stepped foot in WY, I have not spent a penny in the Dakotas. Never saw a way to get a nice hunting tag there. I think ram tags are no bueno for outsiders.

So, Wyoming benefited by having made opportunity for non-residents. Dakota did not. Sample size of one guy. You get to circle the wagons to be less attractive as a place on the map where outsiders have a reason to visit. Not sure how much opportunity was created for residents. There will not be twice the ram tags for residents as before so the victory is mostly symbolic when you wait 35 years rather than 40. The wait for non-residents went up by decades and they should put a finger to the wind and write off all past points as donations. I have and likely never set foot in WY again. I expect no tears will be shed by me or WY residents.

Nonresidents are customers of another states legislators? Legislators who were elected by residents to govern for their benefit ?

There is another thread going right now about Randy contracting with Arizona Game and Fish to promote hunting opportunities in Arizona so the state can sell more licenses and tags, especially to nonresidents. Not sure which semantic hairs you're trying to split, but the eyeball test says they are customers.

QQ

Legislators really care about nr hunters customers and 90/10.

Exactly...and when Sebastian and some others try to get cute with the WY Legislature, the vote will fall for Residents, always does eventually.

It takes 2 things to get what you want, time and pressure.

It’s important to remember that those legislators are there to represent the best interests of the state and its people, particularly those in their districts, and NOT just resident hunters and the interests of hunters. So they need to weigh what’s best for those hunters, but also what’s best for local businesses, the economy, FWP finances, etc.

I do think NR’s should have a voice in these matters, which WY was gracious enough to allow. But the decision should and will boil down to what’s best for WY. If I’m submitting comments or testifying as a NR, my comments are always about why the bill is or is not good for the state, not whether it’s good or bad for me personally. I also try to play to the political ideology of the party in power and frame things in that context when possible.

maybe i should move to wyoming when i retire down the road a ways,,dirt cheap land and 90-10 otc tags,,these mass shootings and all the liberal crazyness here in oregon has me thinkin of getting out of here,, crazy high real estate prices too,,i can get 4x the spread in wyoming vs what i got here in oregon and still have a wad of cash left over.who knows,,maybe ill be your neibor buzz-----NOT

maybe i should move to wyoming when i retire down the road a ways,,dirt cheap land and 90-10 otc tags,,these mass shootings and all the liberal crazyness here in oregon has me thinkin of getting out of here,, crazy high real estate prices too,,i can get 4x the spread in wyoming vs what i got here in oregon and still have a wad of cash left over.who knows,,maybe ill be your neibor buzz-----NOT
Dirt cheap land, you haven't been looking around lately then. Good luck with your search .

The same legislators that are in the business of selling access to the States game?
They are not in that business at all. Their job is to represent the interests of the people that elected them. That's not NR hunters, hint.

They are not in that business at all. Their job is to represent the interests of the people that elected them. That's not NR hunters, hint.
Sure they were elected to represent the people of Wyoming, no one is disputing that.

When a NR buys a license or tag in Wyoming, where does that money go? Who administers those funds? hint

The same legislators that are in the business of selling access to the States game?
They are notnin that business at all. Their job is to represent the interests of the people that elected them. That's not NR hunters, hint.
Are non-residents vermin? I am a non-resident to my birth state. I pay property tax there. I planted a lot of trees there. Have most of my family there. Yet, am a non-resident. Sure, I guess I deserve no say. I mean, I don't vote there. I just write checks there currently. Including for some local candidates I know.

As for WY, am not currently nor will I ever be a resident there. I have spent quite a bit of money in WY on hunting and a couple of vacations. In those two decades since first stepped foot in WY, I have not spent a penny in the Dakotas. Never saw a way to get a nice hunting tag there. I think ram tags are no bueno for outsiders.

So, Wyoming benefited by having made opportunity for non-residents. Dakota did not. Sample size of one guy. You get to circle the wagons to be less attractive as a place on the map where outsiders have a reason to visit. Not sure how much opportunity was created for residents. There will not be twice the ram tags for residents as before so the victory is mostly symbolic when you wait 35 years rather than 40. The wait for non-residents went up by decades and they should put a finger to the wind and write off all past points as donations. I have and likely never set foot in WY again. I expect no tears will be shed by me or WY residents.
This is a common comment.
Yes, Wyoming likes you funding their game departments. No they don't think you deserve more than 10% of limited draw tags.

Sure they were elected to represent the people of Wyoming, no one is disputing that.

When a NR buys a license or tag in Wyoming, where does that money go? Who administers those funds? hint
That money goes the the game departments.
With the entitlement mentality of some of you it would not hurt my feelings to saw no to all NR hunting. I would gladly pay the increased price for tags at this point.

That money goes the the game departments.
With the entitlement mentality of some of you it would not hurt my feelings to saw no to all NR hunting. I would gladly pay the increased price for tags at this point.
And who administers the game department in Wyoming?

By your logic the CEO of a company doesn't have customers.

I have already stated that I am fine with 90/10. If not dealing well with logical fallacies such as people buying licenses are not customers of the people selling licenses makes me entitled...well I can deal with that.

And who administers the game department in Wyoming?

By your logic the CEO of a company doesn't have customers.

I have already stated that I am fine with 90/10. If not dealing well with logical fallacies such as people buying licenses are not customers of the people selling licenses makes me entitled...well I can deal with that.
Great apology. The CO'S job is to produce as much profit as possible to keep shareholders they work for happy. This is done by pricing goods and services as high as the market will allow for. Do you want to go down that road?
A politicians job is to keep their constituents happy. In this specific case they do so by finding ways to make the tag allocations that benifit their constituents the most while still funding their game departments. 90/10 certainly does this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back