Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyo Task Force - Nonres Comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe i should move to wyoming when i retire down the road a ways,,dirt cheap land and 90-10 otc tags,,these mass shootings and all the liberal crazyness here in oregon has me thinkin of getting out of here,, crazy high real estate prices too,,i can get 4x the spread in wyoming vs what i got here in oregon and still have a wad of cash left over.who knows,,maybe ill be your neibor buzz-----NOT
To be my neighbor you better have $750K to a cool million in your pocket...that "dirt cheap" land is nowhere near my place. Bare lot to my North is listed at $98K...

Great apology. The CO'S job is to produce as much profit as possible to keep shareholders they work for happy. This is done by pricing goods and services as high as the market will allow for. Do you want to go down that road?
A politicians job is to keep their constituents happy. In this specific case they do so by finding ways to make the tag allocations that benifit their constituents the most while still funding their game departments. 90/10 certainly does this.
What apology?

You are changing the subject. The conversation we were having was whether or not NR hunters were customers of the State of Wyoming and therefore the State of Wyomings governing body. That answer is clearly yes since NR hunters are buying something from the State of Wyoming.

As far as going down the road you were speaking of, the tracks are already being made well down that road. What exactly do you think fair market value looks like? Do you think it is good policy to raise the price of licenses until only the wealthiest 3750 NR 's, or whatever the quota is, that want to hunt elk in Wyoming on a general tag can afford the tags?

The elected legislators damned well better be thinking about economics for their state. If they aren’t, they are negligent. Who else enacts laws and funds the boards and commissions who enact policy, all of which influences the state’s economy?

This has little to no bearing on a 90/10 permit split.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be my neighbor you better have $750K to a cool million in your pocket...that "dirt cheap" land is nowhere near my place. Bare lot to my North is listed at $98K...
That is exactly the reason I changed my mind about moving to Wyoming, Montana, or Colorado. When I started researching housing and land, I figured out real quick that what I could get for my little house and 35 acres here gets me nowhere near something comparable up there.

took a look on zillow and realtor.com,what do you mean high priced??,wyoming land prices are pretty low,,i can just write a check for 40 acres. a bare lot next to me in oregon is 300k..getting a wyoming place for when i retire is tempting.

You might get 40 acres and no water, but real nice sage brush. As far as tag allotments, I live in Wyoming and 90/10 would be fine with me. I apply in different western states and play by each state rules. I don't gripe about it because I don't live there. I don't feel I am owed something. I would gladly pay more in tag fees as a resident.

took a look on zillow and realtor.com,what do you mean high priced??,wyoming land prices are pretty low,,i can just write a check for 40 acres. a bare lot next to me in oregon is 300k..getting a wyoming place for when i retire is tempting.
Sure 40 acres at Superior is cheap, but then you might end up the fourth wife of a guy who lives in an underground bunker. Some stuff is cheap for a reason.

When you buy that place in Hanna...remember the tires on the roof are extra.

i dont think hanna is a town for me,,nor is rawlins laramie,or cheyanne,,yes ive seen alot of tires on the roofs there and new mexico,,suprizes me the tires dont get blown away to the next town,,ha,,good one

That money goes the the game departments.
With the entitlement mentality of some of you it would not hurt my feelings to saw no to all NR hunting. I would gladly pay the increased price for tags at this point.
And I would gladly not answer the phone the next time fires are ravaging WY and you call my state to send firefighters and tanker planes. Let the residents take up shovels and head into their own forests. Insular thinking cuts both ways.

Sure 40 acres at Superior is cheap, but then you might end up the fourth wife of a guy who lives in an underground bunker. Some stuff is cheap for a reason.
Hey now that's a cheap shot! I know several Superiorians (or is it Superiorites?) and very few live subterranean. Anymore.

She gets pissed when I tell people this but my wife lived in Superior until she was 3.

After looking at places in Cheyenne for the last few weeks I'd say any lot sub 100k is reasonable. Open to Laramie but the HOA and covenants on some lots over there have me looking elsewhere.

Once this 90/10 split gets approved, the demand for new residents might increase purely from this thread. Time to get my relator license.

What’s funny, a lot of wyo res don’t have the foresight to see that there will be more nonres moving to Wyo in the coming years than the few additional limited tags issued to them through 90/10. Ultimately what does that mean?

With a bonus pt/waiting period they will see their odds significantly increase in the coming years…. It’s really weird to me that wyo res just want more tags and don’t care if this doesn’t help them draw high demand tags more often. Adding only a few tags doesn’t mean better draw odds!

even your state rep guy you had a short video on said this will make some big impacts on 5 or 6 areas ,even hes, gotta weigh the pros and cons of this issue,,im just tryin to stick up for not changing rules once this point game has started,resident or non resident doesnt make a difference,,its about being fair to the guy that has $2000 invested in 20 yrs of moose points.im sure there are alot of folks out there with big 5 points of some sort.

even your state rep guy you had a short video on said this will make some big impacts on 5 or 6 areas ,even hes, gotta weigh the pros and cons of this issue,,im just tryin to stick up for not changing rules once this point game has started,resident or non resident doesnt make a difference,,its about being fair to the guy that has $2000 invested in 20 yrs of moose points.im sure there are alot of folks out there with big 5 points of some sort.
I have nearly $5k “invested” in both AZ & NV over the course of 5 years. All I’m hoping for is one good archery mule deer tag and one halfway decent archery elk tag - never anywhere did I see anything guaranteeing me that experience.

i too have invested in many other states,,but none of them are talking about these big changes other than the changes colorado has recently made..glad im not in on the "big 5" in wyoming myself.i just see that the next thing they will propose is changing the elk ,deer and antelope non-res ratios next.then i do have skin in the game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back