Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyo Wildlife Task Force and the new outfitter/landowner draw proposal

So right now 90/10 has been voted down as well as outfitter set asides by the Task Force.

Waiting period for Residents only is going to more public comment.

Special fees for NR's (likely all NR fee's) are going to be increased "substantially" as well as the fees for the big-5.

Everyone gets a kick to the groin.

in democracy, sometimes the best thing that could happen is "everybody gets a kick in the nads"

There are a TON of people who were/are against the outfitter set asides for various reasons.

Most people, simply put, cant afford a guided hunt. Others would prefer to hunt our nations public lands on their own for the adventure aspect of it all.

At the end of the day, I think that the majority of hunters who use outfitters/guides are mostly "one and done" type of hunters. Some use a guide every year, but lets be honest, they are not the norm.

Outfitter welfare is clearly not welcome....rightfully so.

You're good with a 40-50% increase in NR fees?

That's what they're talking about.
Damn, I was hoping for at least a 100% increase.

Wyoming mule deer tags should cost more than Kansas whitetail tags IMO. Doe tags specifically needed at least a 100% increase. And elk, my goodness, those should be at least $1,500 based on demand.

i'm indifferent on it honestly. i'll pay it when the draw odds are in my favor every time.

still feel like i'm getting away with murder on your doe/fawn tags. should probably be tripled.

i can still hunt 2 elk tags and 2 deer tags for under 200 bucks at home, which puts me in a lucky position to feel the way i do.

fwiw our NR doe deer tags cost 420 dollars.

I would think a 20% to 30% increase is justifiable. I don't see a 40% to 50% increase changing much for me or the demand in tags. If it does drop the demand in tags then I will gladly hunt the great state of Wyoming more often

i'm indifferent on it honestly. i'll pay it when the draw odds are in my favor every time.

still feel like i'm getting away with murder on your doe/fawn tags. should probably be tripled.

i can still hunt 2 elk tags and 2 deer tags for under 200 bucks at home, which puts me in a lucky position to feel the way i do.

fwiw our NR doe deer tags cost 420 dollars.
Right, I would be more in favor of increasing NR doe/fawn and cow/calf tags than $1500 NR general elk tags.

I would think a 20% to 30% increase is justifiable. I don't see a 40% to 50% increase changing much for me or the demand in tags. If it does drop the demand in tags then I will gladly hunt the great state of Wyoming more often
I think it depends on the tag, $900 pronghorn tags won't change odds?

I believe it will.

Is WGF short on money?
What's the justification for raising rates? Just because they can?

They should get rid of that STUPID special draw all together and split the different between the special draw and the regular draw proportionality $$ so people can have some form of predictability on drawing something for a change.

I believe it will.

are preference point price increases a part of the conversation?

are 900 dollar pronghorn tags actually a part of the conversation?

i'm not quick at mental arithmetic, admittedly, but i feel like that's sizably breaching the 40-50% increase being considered?

I believe it will.
I wont say it is impossible but I just don't think it would change much. I hope that I am wrong though because I have been a half point behind my favorite antelope unit for 3 years now. Either way I appreciate your updates

Not my pic, just think it's funny. Anyone know where this is? I think I remember hearing it was somewhere in WY.View attachment 230805

There are traffic calming devices used on roads. Can spike down speed bumps. Add in a slightly raised cattle guard crossing. Sure, most of the trucks are not owned by the driver so they may care less if hit a speed bump at 60 mph. Might be annoyed at spilling coffee or having their false teeth fall out or their tools fly around the truck bed.

i'm not quick at mental arithmetic, admittedly, but i feel like that's sizably breaching the 40-50% increase being considered?
Yes $900 would be about a 50% increase on the antelope special

$600 for a special fee pronghorn right now...advanced math 600x.5=300...advanced math again 600+300= $900 special fee pronghorn tag.

Should we do special fee NR elk next?

Somewhere around $1800ish

Last time Wyoming had a big price increase, it seemed like special priced odds stagnated or even improved temporarily, like 2-3 years. I could see the same thing happening this go-around. I'd guess it will still be more difficult to draw a tag in 5 years than it is currently.

$600 for a special fee pronghorn right now...advanced math 600x.5=300...advanced math again 600+300= $900 special fee pronghorn tag.

Should we do special fee NR elk next?

Somewhere around $1800ish

i was running things in my head off reg prices. forgot about special.

for an even more advanced method just multiply by 1.5 ;)

No talk of point fee increases, but drastic increases on the special fee tags and also the big-5.

Talk of 3-4K for sheep and moose.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back