Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyo Wildlife Task Force and the new outfitter/landowner draw proposal

What about suggesting a different way to add more tags for the outfitters and the dyi hunter. Raise the NR cap and add another draw. We can call it "The Wilderness Draw". It would be a tag just for wilderness areas. Make non residents take a special "wilderness hunting safety class", charge a hefty price for the class and make the tag price the same as the special draw. Every year to enter this draw u will have to take a $50 refresher class or u can completely bypass the classes by going through an outfitter. This tag will be good for the wilderness areas within the general units. Something like that will give the outfitters chances at more clients, help spread pressure, and hopefully make it easier to draw a tag.

What would happen of someone requested all the online comments submitted and then presented them to the WTF ? How could they ignore them then. Would a FOIA request get the comments in a timely fashion?
Could a person get all of the public comments this way to present to the Task Force and the Commission ?

What would happen of someone requested all the online comments submitted and then presented them to the WTF ? How could they ignore them then. Would a FOIA request get the comments in a timely fashion?
Could a person get all of the public comments this way to present to the Task Force and the Commission ?
No need. In the past when they have posted the agenda for the meetings, they have a link to all public comments made through the TF website. You can just get them there.

But, they are going to shut you down. Last meeting there were something like 2500 comments posted. Presenting them to the TF won't make them read them or listen. Go to a meeting and watch as TF members leave the room during in person public comments. Hell, myself and others have had TF members responding to our texts and emails during the meetings, while they are in discussion.

No need. In the past when they have posted the agenda for the meetings, they have a link to all public comments made through the TF website. You can just get them there.

But, they are going to shut you down. Last meeting there were something like 2500 comments posted. Presenting them to the TF won't make them read them or listen. Go to a meeting and watch as TF members leave the room during in person public comments. Hell, myself and others have had TF members responding to our texts and emails during the meetings, while they are in discussion.
Weird and unprofessional of them to leave an active meeting to digitally correspond with people on the very reason they’re at the meeting for

Weird and unprofessional of them to leave an active meeting to digitally correspond with people on the very reason they’re at the meeting for
They don't even bother leaving the room. Last couple of meetings I have not been able to attend in person but have been able to watch some time on zoom. Its funny to watch the TF member I am texting on camera look at his phone and then respond back

What about suggesting a different way to add more tags for the outfitters and the dyi hunter. Raise the NR cap and add another draw. We can call it "The Wilderness Draw". It would be a tag just for wilderness areas. Make non residents take a special "wilderness hunting safety class", charge a hefty price for the class and make the tag price the same as the special draw. Every year to enter this draw u will have to take a $50 refresher class or u can completely bypass the classes by going through an outfitter. This tag will be good for the wilderness areas within the general units. Something like that will give the outfitters chances at more clients, help spread pressure, and hopefully make it easier to draw a tag.
I don't know about the rest exactly but what you have proposed and what I bolded from your statement is probably an idea that the TF could get support for.

Right now if a NR hunter wants to hunt the wilderness areas, there only option is a guide and they pretty much just need to draw the general tag to do so. If they separate the general tags into "general" and "wilderness general" it would in affect allow the NR guided hunter to likely draw the tags sooner, give the outfitters the "extra" clients they are claiming they want and also possibly lower the amount of NR applying for the general tag. It would depend on the tag allocation and any split of it but I think this would actually be a legit idea that maybe someone should propose at the meeting?

I don't know about the rest exactly but what you have proposed and what I bolded from your statement is probably an idea that the TF could get support for.

Right now if a NR hunter wants to hunt the wilderness areas, there only option is a guide and they pretty much just need to draw the general tag to do so. If they separate the general tags into "general" and "wilderness general" it would in affect allow the NR guided hunter to likely draw the tags sooner, give the outfitters the "extra" clients they are claiming they want and also possibly lower the amount of NR applying for the general tag. It would depend on the tag allocation and any split of it but I think this would actually be a legit idea that maybe someone should propose at the meeting?
They have effectively done this. how it all will work is yet to be seen but they are eliminating the general tag for nr and going to regions and areas with primarily wilderness will be easier to draw due to the guide restriction or the need for a resident guide. The outfitter draw is to help the outfitters buddies on the east side of the state get there guaranteed tags also.

I guess not only on the east but outfitters that operate out of wilderness areas as those areas are going to get more difficult to draw with this change

So are the respective committee members' minds already settled on the direction they want to go and they're just checking boxes now? I already submitted my comments to the TF generally but I'm trying to ascertain where best to target my additional communications. Thanks for the excellent updates.

So are the respective committee members' minds already settled on the direction they want to go and they're just checking boxes now? I already submitted my comments to the TF generally but I'm trying to ascertain where best to target my additional communications. Thanks for the excellent updates.
Some are for sure. Some will go which ever way the wind is blowing. A couple I have spoken to consider the outfitter draw a complete non-starter. Will they be enough or will they be forceful enough to counter the ones in support? Remains to be seen. Keep the comments going whichever side you land on. IMO, the more diverse opinions they see and hear the higher the likelihood that they recommend status quo.

A very sincere thank you to those of you who are participating in meetings, and keeping the rest of us apprised of what’s going on. Keep hammering those comments, like Randy said it is absolutely exhausting, but you do what you gotta do.

If your comments were not submitted for this current public comment period, they won't be considered on this subject. Other than that:
Rusty Bell: [email protected]
Brian Nesvik: [email protected]
Duaine Hagen: [email protected]
Elissa Ruckle: [email protected]
Joshua W.D. Coursey: [email protected]
Lee Livingston: [email protected]
Liisa Anselmi Dalton: [email protected]
Pat Crank: [email protected]
Peter Dube: [email protected]
Representative, Albert Sommers: [email protected]
Representative, Jamie Flitner: [email protected]
Joe Shaffer: [email protected]
Senator, Ogden Driskill: [email protected]
Senator, Larry Hicks: [email protected]
Sy Gilliland: [email protected]
Tony Lehner: [email protected]
Adam Tetan: [email protected]
Tod Larson: [email protected]

Comments submitted wanted to gather as much info as I could to make an informed contribution. Thanks to everyone fighting this on the ground!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back