Caribou Gear

WY NR Elk Draw Results

I read through the regulations about hunter education and please pardon my ignorance if I missed it. But do I need to send proof of my WI hunter education to Wyoming or just have my WI license on me stating I have it? The regulations read have proof of completion is all. So I assume I just need to have proof on me?

Thanks in advance and good luck to all in the draw!

I read through the regulations about hunter education and please pardon my ignorance if I missed it. But do I need to send proof of my WI hunter education to Wyoming or just have my WI license on me stating I have it? The regulations read have proof of completion is all. So I assume I just need to have proof on me?

Just carry a copy of your hunter Ed certificate with you.

They want to make sure you have plenty of time to get those deer and antelope apps in once they crush your elk dreams.
Indeed. But to be sure, I'll never buy another mule deer point or license in WY. The jury is out on antelope.

It is quite obvious and has all been quite thoroughly discussed elsewhere. Let's just let that dog lie tonight while we spend one more night contemplating a miraculous win in tomorrow's drawing.

Waiting on the lightning...
If you are successful, what 100+ year old gun will you be using?

If you are successful, what 100+ year old gun will you be using?
I shall begin with a 1970 vintage Bear Kodiak Hunter. If that doesn't work then.... It depends. Probably a Ballard #5 Pacific. But we shall see. Could be an 1898 Krag that I have shooting under 1 MOA right now, but bolt guns are so passé' and just too high tech, no matter how old.

Yes. Carry it with you. I carry a laminated copy. If you don’t have it and get checked it will be up to the warden on what’s next. Just put in in with your tags and you’ll be good.

As my hunting partner notes, they must want to crush our dreams early.

That way we can get on with what little is left of our miserable lives...

just kidding...

:) :)
The past two years (this year included) they have sent an email to your listed address before 6 am Mtn time with a link to your results. No need to go all the way through the login. Makes it easy. But if you are like me you end up doing both in hopes they sent you the wrong email.

I shall begin with a 1970 vintage Bear Kodiak Hunter. If that doesn't work then.... It depends. Probably a Ballard #5 Pacific. But we shall see. Could be an 1898 Krag that I have shooting under 1 MOA right now, but bolt guns are so passé' and just too high tech, no matter how old.
I think there is a low poundage Bear Kodiak of around that vintage hanging on the wall at my Mom’s in Idaho. If it were a lefty, it would be hanging on a wall here in the East.

Back