Muley Buck Age

nontyp

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 6, 2016
Messages
742
Location
Kansas
I just received the tooth age results back from Matson’s on this public land muley I shot last year. How old do you think he is? I’ll post the results later.IMG_5585.jpegIMG_5588.jpegIMG_5587.jpegIMG_5586.jpeg
 
I have proven to myself that I can't tell 5 from 10 yoa on a Mule deer. That is why I send teeth in. My guess is that if he was 5 or less this thread wouldn't exist, so I will say 10 which has more to do with human tendencies than anything that I see in the deer.
 
I suck at this too. I’ve learned my lesson. Hopefully I kill something worth aging this year. It’s a very cool buck. Young face with great mass. I’ll go 4.5. Do to that choice he’s probably 11.23.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,111
Messages
2,250,123
Members
39,095
Latest member
jtb2018
Back
Top