Muley Buck Age

I have proven to myself that I can't tell 5 from 10 yoa on a Mule deer. That is why I send teeth in. My guess is that if he was 5 or less this thread wouldn't exist, so I will say 10 which has more to do with human tendencies than anything that I see in the deer.
 
I suck at this too. I’ve learned my lesson. Hopefully I kill something worth aging this year. It’s a very cool buck. Young face with great mass. I’ll go 4.5. Do to that choice he’s probably 11.23.
 
We all suck at aging deer, that’s why it’s fun to finally guess one right.
My .02.
Young face width and coloring.
He is a fatty with nice antler growth.
I’m guessing 3.5, not more than that. With access to cultivated fields that allow for minimal effort access to a decent fat and antler promoting diet.
Now, go ahead and tell me he’s 9.5 years old, I can take it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,112
Messages
2,250,156
Members
39,096
Latest member
Zmt406
Back
Top