WY Moose pts, quit now?

You are correct, he didn't say immediately, he said "a handful" of years.

Your example of 30 years from now is not "a handful" to me.

I don't think anyone that is upset about the rule change is worried about drawing a moose tag 30 years from now. Most of us that this is affecting will be pushing walkers or daisies by then.

You are correct, he didn't say immediately, he said "a handful" of years.

Your example of 30 years from now is not "a handful" to me.

I don't think anyone that is upset about the rule change is worried about drawing a moose tag 30 years from now. Most of us that this is affecting will be pushing walkers or daisies by then.
Guys at 20 pts today may well have to wait 30 more years. Just because it will take 30yrs for the number to equal 50 does not mean that people who have 20 points today will not have to wait until they have 50 pts to draw a moose tag. The reduction in odds is immediate regardless of how long it takes to reach triple today’s points. What about people at 19pts today? What about the OP at 17pts? It may take more years than your definition of a “handful” for max points to be 50, BUT it will only take a handful of years for the writing on the wall to plain to everyone, and it is already plain to anyone who takes a good look at it. IF the system doesn’t change, or a lot of people don’t drop out, guys at 17pts today will have to have 50+ to draw.

Guys at 20 pts today may well have to wait 30 more years. Just because it will take 30yrs for the number to equal 50 does not mean that people who have 20 points today will not have to wait until they have 50 pts to draw a moose tag. The reduction in odds is immediate regardless of how long it takes to reach triple today’s points. What about people at 19pts today? What about the OP at 17pts? It may take more years than your definition of a “handful” for max points to be 50, BUT it will only take a handful of years for the writing on the wall to plain to everyone, and it is already plain to anyone who takes a good look at it. IF the system doesn’t change, or a lot of people don’t drop out, guys at 17pts today will have to have 50+ to draw.
You guys are both right. You are just talking about different things. You are talking about projecting the number of points it will take in the future to draw "your tag". Letthemgrow is talking about the immediate point total required to draw next year or the year after.

Holding 17 WY moose points, seems just about pointless to build any more. Will be 10? years before I would ever be in the running in the max points pool so I am relegated to the random?

Thoughts from the peanut gallery? Ihter high-sh point holders loking at skipping the $150 pref point buy?
Keep building your points,you will draw a tag in 10-20 more years.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back