Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

WY Moose pts, quit now?

Maybe Colorado's model is better then Wyoming's for big 3 tags maybe random is better than either. But my point stands why should Wyoming give a higher % of it's big three tags then Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Montana, etc?
Low resident population? Lower funding from residents?

How would you feel if the feds banned hunting on federal land? It’s already being discussed. Talk me into caring whether a Wyoman gets to hunt on federal land if Wyoming won’t let me hunt. Good luck.

It’s easy for residents of any state to look at non-residents as outsiders who offer no real benefits but cost residents opportunity, but that’s not accurate. Non-residents coming to your state and spending money and caring about your state benefit your state financially and in other ways. It’s both good and fair to manage NR allocation in a way that does not do harm to residents, but it’s also good to welcome NR hunters as much as is REASONABLE. I would think this would be particularly important to residents of MT, ID and WY. I heard residents of all three states complain about population increases. Well…if you make it hard for me to hunt there as a NR, you make it more and more are attractive for me to move there. Then I get to vote too ;). If you want to see resident opportunity tank, double your population. What’s better for you, 80/20 and a stable population, or 90/10 and a bunch of people moving in, and building, and voting?

I think it’s funny how many people try to say that X state gives more than 10% to NRs when “every other state in the west is 90/10”. That’s not accurate either. ID and MT give over 10% of total tags because of the general tag. CO gives more than 10% on most limit entry units AND does OTC. NM practically gives 16% to NRs. UT rounds up, which results in NRs getting more than 10%, plus they do OTC. Exactly which states are people referring too when they say “90/10 like every other state in the west”?

Last edited:
Low resident population? Lower funding from residents?

How would you feel if the feds banned hunting on federal land? It’s already being discussed. Talk me into caring whether a Wyoman gets to hunt on federal land if Wyoming won’t let me hunt. Good luck.

It’s easy for residents of any state to look at non-residents as outsiders who offer no real benefits but cost residents opportunity, but that’s not accurate. Non-residents coming to your state and spending money and caring about your state benefit your state financially and in other ways. It’s both good and fair to manage NR allocation in a way that does not do harm to residents, but it’s also good to welcome NR hunters as much as is REASONABLE. I would think this would be particularly important to residents of MT, ID and WY. I heard residents of all three states complain about population increases. Well…if you make it hard for me to hunt there as a NR, you make it more and more are attractive for me to move there. Then I get to vote too ;). If you want to see resident opportunity tank, double your population. What’s better for you, 80/20 and a stable population, or 90/10 and a bunch of people moving in, and building, and voting?

I think it’s funny how many people try to say that X state gives more than 10% to NRs when “every other state in the west is 90/10”. That’s not accurate either. ID and MT give over 10% of total tags because of the general tag. CO gives more than 10% on most limit entry units AND does OTC. NM practically gives 16% to NRs. UT rounds up, which results in NRs getting more than 10%, plus they do OTC. Exactly which states are people referring too when they say “90/10 like every other state in the west”?
Idaho and Montana do not give out more than 10% of their limited elk, deer, pronghorn, moose, sheep, bison, or goat tags...in fact they don't even give the full 10% a majority of the time.

Both are "up to 10%" but nrs are not assured a single tag...which is fine with me.

Really? Threatening a lawsuit over some points? Just flat childish...and I expect better from hunters.
Thanks for proving my point again.

If you insulted and argued with people like this in person, I'm guessing you would end up with your head stuck in a toilet.

Your insults and nonsense are well documented all over the internet hunting forums.

You really can't help it, Can you?
@BuzzH is just being a good neighbor and looking out for fellow residents as he should. 99% of us would do the exact same thing. We all now know these point systems are probably all on a time clock. How could anyone think otherwise? Let's be honest here and think rational. Does it suck YES! I've pissed away lots of money over time I wish I had today in my pocket. (mainly in the state of MT)

All you can do is accept it and move on. Lawsuits aren't going anywhere and that bunch over on the other failed original "public land DIY mag/business" is a joke and has been for many years. I finally unfollowed all their content because it's laughable most days. I mean does that staff ever hunt public anymore? Out of touch with their base.

everyone getting their tighty whities in a wad needs to stop and take a deep breath. The system will have to change or Wyoming won’t sell anymore points. This all but ensures it. My vote is bonus points squared!! I would be willing to bet a handsome sum upon this happening

Everyone should stop buying them... IMO. Why would you continue to pay for something you more than likely will never use or get drawn for.

Everyone should stop buying them... IMO. Why would you continue to pay for something you more than likely will never use or get drawn for.
Been buying them for 25 years...it's paid off in some cases, not so much in others.

Funding wildlife, research, habitat improvement, wardens salaries, biologist salaries, etc....all for an even slight chance to hunt all across the country? I pay that price....all........day......long.

Been buying them for 25 years...it's paid off in some cases, not so much in others.

Funding wildlife, research, habitat improvement, wardens salaries, biologist salaries, etc....all for an even slight chance to hunt all across the country? I pay that price....all........day......long.
For residents sure, keep supporting them, as a NR, nope....would not do it.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back