Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

WY Bear

• Thread starter Deleted member 16014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16014

Got this bear in the wilderness last week. Snuck in to 75 yds and the 6.5x47L did the job. Big snow made for LOTS of snowshoeing this year. I'm sure 3/4 of the bear miles I walked this spring required the shoes.

I continue to love the Stone Glacier pack, no complaints at all.

IMG_0930_zpsa41d3b65.jpg

IMG_0920_zps625264ff.jpg

IMG_0979_zps39ff92ba.jpg

Great looking bear. I am interested to see more of your trip...unless you want to keep undisclosed. Understood, but need to see some mountains and snow.

Great looking bear. I am interested to see more of your trip...unless you want to keep undisclosed. Understood, but need to see some mountains and snow.
What he said! That said, seeing pics of that kind of country generally makes me depressed (due to me not having easy access to it), but I love seeing them... :confused:

Also, which bullet were you using?

What an awesome bear. It reminds me alot of the bear Greenhorn took this spring in NW Montana. Did you take an measurements?

Oh, and I echo 'mtmiller' and '1_pointer' - more pics please!!!

I didn't really take any scenery pictures this spring. I'll throw a few up this summer to make up for it : )
The bullet was a 139 Lapua Scenar. No plans to switch though I have been shooting 136's in my other hunting rifle. I didn't tape it but I'm thinking about 5.5'.

As far as the snow the best I can do is one from our place in March. It's obviously plowed up some, it was about 48" deep on the flat. I got really sick of moving snow.

e0a8d9ac-4fd1-46ce-8a12-ab6677f79cd0_zpsc5082cf4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome bear! A big shaggy black one like that is high on my want list.

Please do put up more pics! I'm VERY jealous of your place. I would love to live in something like that.

Good to hear the 139gr Scenar is good to go on bears. I found out last year that they work very well on pronghorn out of a 260.

Nice bear! Did you clean the skull yet? I still think it looks bigger than five and a half.

Guess who's going deer hunting with you this year...

I haven't decided if I'm going to mess with the skull myself or just let the hide guy do it. I didn't draw antelope so more time for deer anyway.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YellowCreek
Back