WY Backpack Elk

• Thread starter Deleted member 16014
  • Start date
Wow, that is one cantilevered pack frame and haul getting ready to go down the mountain. Sweat equity there for sure. Sweet success.

Another great year for you. Amazing what you can find when you get off the roads, although 15 miles is a little more than off the road!
Congrats.
-Cade

First off congrats on your third youngster, secondly congrats on yet again another great hunt like others you have posted before. I respect your work ethic, tenacity and obvious skills to make it happen, well done lad.

Wow, that is one cantilevered pack frame and haul getting ready to go down the mountain. Sweat equity there for sure. Sweet success.
In that picture the pack bag itself is actually full of meat in addition to the dry bag. No way I would have put miles on with that much weight but I needed to get it all up to a shady spot on a pass to stash it and didn't want to make a bunch of trips. I don't know how much it weighed, but it was a lot.

I can't say enough about the Stone Glacier line up. I don't knock MR or Kifaru because I've had them too and they are great packs. To me the SG is the best combination of features, weight, and suspension. I've got enough miles on it now that it feels very familiar.

I was going ot mention the same thing on the "horses not included" photo.
that is a grunt for sure.
You had had quite a season, is there ANY room left on your freezer :)
Nice job

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back