Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

wounded bull

wytex

Had plans for a cow elk hunt but came across this wounded bull. We have limited access on private and part of it is for any wounded animals we see and can take if we have a license. Landowner does not want anything wounded suffering so we oblige if possible.
Big surprise when we came across the bull bedded in a draw. When he got up front leg was flailing as he slowly tried to walk away. Gave me a 75 yd shot.
My biggest bull, 335" and change.
Not infected so we'll see how he tastes.

DSCN3282 copy.jpg
DSCN3281 copy.jpg

DSCN3293 copy.jpg

Two old holes or may he was bedded when the wounders shot him and that's two holes from the same bullet?
Glad you found him and glad it was wounded in areas without a lot of meat loss.

Had plans for a cow elk hunt but came across this wounded bull. We have limited access on private and part of it is for any wounded animals we see and can take if we have a license. Landowner does not want anything wounded suffering so we oblige if possible.
Big surprise when we came across the bull bedded in a draw. When he got up front leg was flailing as he slowly tried to walk away. Gave me a 75 yd shot.
My biggest bull, 335" and change.
Not infected so we'll see how he tastes.

View attachment 157163
View attachment 157164

View attachment 157165
Meat's meat, glad you're able to put the bull to good use!

That's very generous of the land owner to allow you guys to help take wounded animals that may suffer later. Beautiful elk!

I’d love to stumble into a bull like that by accident. I hate that it was suffering, but glad that you were there to make the most of the opportunity

Back