Caribou Gear Tarp

wounded bull

Crazy strange wounds. 2? I wonder how the heck that happened?

had to be a fence? When did the gun season open? 2 spots surely couldn't be a arrow? I ain't judging just curious.

That is awesome. Glad you could put him out of his misery, that his meat appears okay, and that you got some great antlers in the deal.

Well done. Your actions were the right thing to do. You made us all look good.

Awesome bull! Congrats! Very interesting wounds. How old do you think they were?

Great bull and the right thing to do for all involved! Should eat just fine, congrats!!

Last edited:
Didn't find any cows but stopped and I took a pic of the bull's jaw. He has some age on him so I'll get the teeth aged by WG&F.
Had a couple of strap chops to give 'em a try, they will need to hang a few more days. Pretty tough but tastes fine. He may yield lots of burger and that is fine.
DSCN3320 copy.jpg

Nice when doing the right thing is actually on an animal you would be happy to tag in the best of circumstances. Double win!

They are bullet wounds, you could clearly see the bullet path through the back of the foot and the entry wound higher on the leg. No cattle guard anywhere near and the fences have been up since the dawn of man, they're old. They give readily when elk push on them to cross. He had several beds where we jumped him up so he'd been hanging out along the creek for a few days.

They are bullet wounds, you could clearly see the bullet path through the back of the foot and the entry wound higher on the leg. No cattle guard anywhere near and the fences have been up since the dawn of man, they're old. They give readily when elk push on them to cross. He had several beds where we jumped him up so he'd been hanging out along the creek for a few days.
Yeah, I didn't scroll through and see where you mentioned you could see the bullet path. Must've been bedded and someone took a shot at him?

That bulls leg wound is EXACTLY WHY.
My father inlaw will not let anyone to hunt our ranch .IF they even mention the word long range or shooting past 400 yrds,, we tell them sorry but
We only allow ELK HUNTING
. elk shooting /snipeing. Is not allowed on the ranch

Ground him up this weekend. He made lots of great burger and stew meat.
While skinning out the rear quarters spouse found two more healed bullet wounds, scars. One through calf muscle that nicked the Achilles and the other high in ham. Both had no evidence from outside the hide but very visible scars on under side and in muscles and Achilles.

That bulls leg wound is EXACTLY WHY.
My father inlaw will not let anyone to hunt our ranch .IF they even mention the word long range or shooting past 400 yrds,, we tell them sorry but
We only allow ELK HUNTING
. elk shooting /snipeing. Is not allowed on the ranch
Yeah - just no possible way the bullet could have been fired from 100 yards right..

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back