Yeti GOBOX Collection

Worth a listen..this one hit home.

Anyone see the irony of a wealth & rule protest song making YouTube's parent company Google richer?

Or the irony that this anthem will almost certainly be used at a political rally by a candidate who isn’t currently north of Richmond but wants to get north of Richmond.

“Vote for me ‘cause those sunza… don’t care about you. I’ll drain that swamp. Or swim in it…”

Or the irony that this anthem will almost certainly be used at a political rally by a candidate who isn’t currently north of Richmond but wants to get north of Richmond.

“Vote for me ‘cause those sunza… don’t care about you. I’ll drain that swamp. Or swim in it…”
Sadly you are correct. R’s think he’s talking about D’s but he is talking about all of them.

My sentiment exactly, he's talking about the whole dang lot of them.

Maybe this didn't strike a cord with others the way it did with me. I will say the sense of hopelessness and aggravation as a working class moderate American who just wants to be able to live a happy life comes through.

The message to me is very similar to George Carlin.

Sadly you are correct. R’s think he’s talking about D’s but he is talking about all of them.

Like Reply

If you listen to this interview about his music, he states just that - that he's talking about both sides of the aisle. In fact, he even says that, politically, he falls right down the center.

This video gives his own perspective on his music and personal journey in life, which I found more intriguing than the song itself. Will be interesting to see where this all takes him next.

From 1971…

Lyrics:

Everywhere is freaks and hairies
Dykes and fairies, tell me, where is sanity?
Tax the rich, feed the poor
'Til there are no rich no more
I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you
Population keeps on breeding
Nation bleeding, still more feeding, economy
Life is funny, skies are sunny
Bees make honey, who needs money? No, not poor me
Oh, yeah
World pollution, there's no solution
Institution, electrocution
Just black and white, rich or poor
Them and us, stop the war

From 1971…

Lyrics:

Everywhere is freaks and hairies
Dykes and fairies, tell me, where is sanity?
Tax the rich, feed the poor
'Til there are no rich no more
Population keeps on breeding
Nation bleeding, still more feeding, economy
Life is funny, skies are sunny
Bees make honey, who needs money? No, not poor me
Oh, yeah
World pollution, there's no solution
Institution, electrocution
Just black and white, rich or poor
Them and us, stop the war
Good throwback Shrap.

If you listen to this interview about his music, he states just that - that he's talking about both sides of the aisle. In fact, he even says that, politically, he falls right down the center.

This video gives his own perspective on his music and personal journey in life, which I found more intriguing than the song itself. Will be interesting to see where this all takes him next.

Like the rest of us.
He’s fed up.
But he’s not exactly sure what he’s fed up with

The song definitely has a populist theme to it, and Oliver Anthony sings the heck out of it. Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump are 2 recent examples of politicians who have done well using populist themes. It resonates with a lot of people, just like this song does.

A cynical Charlie Daniel's once said, "politicians want your vote".

The song definitely has a populist theme to it, and Oliver Anthony sings the heck out of it. Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump are 2 recent examples of politicians who have done well using populist themes. It resonates with a lot of people, just like this song does.

A cynical Charlie Daniel's once said, "politicians want your vote".
Another who is talking this talk is RFK Jr. I could easily see this as his walk-on-stage song.

I been selling selling my soul
Milling all day
Overtime hours
Relatively competitive pay
So I can go back home
Drink 8 16oz ipa’s
Drive to the trails
And bike all Saturday

It’s a damn shame!
What the world’s gotten to!
For people like me
Whose parents didn’t pay for their school!
1692029520632.png

As I contemplate syncing my sram axs eagle derailleur to my apple laptop in the air conditioning, idk if the song is a 100% accurate depiction of life in this country, but gawwwdddd damnnnn he sings the hell of it and it really is worth a listen just because he sings the hell out of it.
I actually just heard it on yt this morning and thought about posting it on the music thread.
agreed. Don't fully agree with the metanarrative of the song but Ive listened to the song three times because he is compelling to listen to.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back