Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Worth a listen..this one hit home.

It’s nice that people make songs about these things, things we can nearly all agree on. I’ve been watching all my life for someone to actually do something about it. Won’t happen, the people with the black suits and briefcases control the world. It’s a rigged game, learn to play it, if you set out to change it you will end up under the dirt. Cheers!
The main way they do it is by getting us all to believes it’s R’s vs D’s and that’s it’s like football and there is a winner and a loser. All the while the Pelosi’s, McConnell’s and Clarence Thomas’ of the world get rich and the corporate string pullers get FILTHY rich.

As I contemplate syncing my sram axs eagle derailleur to my apple laptop in the air conditioning, idk if the song is a 100% accurate depiction of life in this country, but gawwwdddd damnnnn he sings the hell of it and it really is worth a listen just because he sings the hell out of it.
I actually just heard it on yt this morning and thought about posting it on the music thread.

Good voice and lyrics that touch a nerve. Not sure I agree with the sentiment that the gubmint is keepin us down as a path to success.

Piss on those rich folks in the beltway. Then what?

Anger is good if it makes you realize that punching a brick wall isn’t going to stop the pain. It’s a waste of motivation and clouds a man’s ability to see opportunities if he’s convinced it’s all going to be taken from him anyway.

Good voice and lyrics that touch a nerve. Not sure I agree with the sentiment that the gubmint is keepin us down as a path to success.

I can see where someone who grew up outside of Appalachia would think that. There seems to be (or at least there was prior to Covid) a sense of personal responsibility in the West (CA excluded) that doesn’t exist where I live. The Government has built a system where the less you do the more you can get and the more fatherless kids you add to the mix then that’s even better. It is a cycle that has no visible end. Food stamps buying fudge rounds and mt dew which creates more diabetes and hypertension and higher Medicaid premiums and more money for the richest of the rich.

Also, if you wanted to have your day ruined 70% of the babies birthed in the US of A are paid for by Medicaid. SEVENTY!?!?

I can see where someone who grew up outside of Appalachia would think that. There seems to be (or at least there was prior to Covid) a sense of personal responsibility in the West (CA excluded) that doesn’t exist where I live. The Government has built a system where the less you do the more you can get and the more fatherless kids you add to the mix then that’s even better. It is a cycle that has no visible end. Food stamps buying fudge rounds and mt dew which creates more diabetes and hypertension and higher Medicaid premiums and more money for the richest of the rich.

I spent the first 25 years of my life growing up on the edge of Appalachia and the next 18 after that in one of the poorest counties per capita in MT. In many areas the difference between those who struggled and succeed and those who struggle and never advance is their belief in their ability to succeed, their responsibility to not expect someone else to make their success happen for them and the life choices that accompany their beliefs.

Pretty much everyone works “overtime hours for bullshit pay”.

Also, if you wanted to have your day ruined 70% of the babies birthed in the US of A are paid for by Medicaid. SEVENTY!?!?
Seemed unreasonably high, based on a project I did for a consolidated medical group back in my CPA days. So I decided to check.

In 2020 it was 42%. Only two states were over 60%. - https://www.marchofdimes.org/peristats/data?reg=99&top=11&stop=154&lev=1&slev=1&obj=18

In 2021 it dropped to 41% - https://www.kff.org/medicaid/state-...0&sortModel={"colId":"Location","sort":"asc"}

Seemed unreasonably high, based on a project I did for a consolidated medical group back in my CPA days. So I decided to check.

In 2020 it was 42%. Only two states were over 60%. - https://www.marchofdimes.org/peristats/data?reg=99&top=11&stop=154&lev=1&slev=1&obj=18

In 2021 it dropped to 41% - https://www.kff.org/medicaid/state-indicator/births-financed-by-medicaid/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel={"colId":"Location","sort":"asc"}
Shows what you get trusting the internet, seems I heard wrong. Looks like it is 59-61% in some southern states (still well short of 70 though so you are right).

That song kind of reminds me of what a guy I worked with who was from the hills of Tennessee told me. He told me that when he goes home, he gets ostracized by his brothers and old friends because he took the easy way out by getting an education. I guess for some folks it's just easier to blame others for their lot in life rather than try and do something about it.

Of course, with the popularity of that song right now, that red headed sumbitch just might find himself in the shoes of them rich folks he's bitchin about.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back