Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wolf Tagged....

Awesome. I thought the wolves were in the mountains not in the flatland:)

Wow. Very nice.

What was it doing out there? Not a shrub in sight!! How far was the shot?

200 or so yards running full tilt for another zip code. When we heard him howl, he was at the base of that mountain in the background. At least we assumed it was him as we only heard one wolf answer our howl at dawn. Typical wolf MO is hunting out on the flats at night and going back to rougher, more remote country during the day....sometimes before dawn. It's hard to say why and where he was going when we got our eye on him.

Congrats, great looking coat on him. Southwestern part of the state roughly?

Great wolf Pat! What an experience. We noticed the sign and tracks real low as well. I wondered if they do most of the hunting at night or if they are just where ever when ever type of thing. It's interesting hunting an animal that you've never really hunted or even had a chance learn their habits.

Was he alone?

scan0023-3.jpg

Thought you guys might like to see this. I've never posted this picture. I shot this old grey wolf in the Northwest Territories back in 1991. It was September and his fur wasn't real great, but he was an old warrior with ground down teeth and a huge skull. Thats the South Nahanni River behind me. We had to make a homemade raft to ford the river several times to retrieve a moose, a black bear and this wolf while we were in there. Not too many days go by that I don't think about that place. It was the wildest place I've ever been in. We sat in camp one evening and counted eight different boar grizzly bears on the slopes of the Ragged Range feeding on berries. It was a sight I'll never forget.

That's awesome, congratulations.
A trophy of a lifetime in my eyes.

Great Trophy! This is a silly question, but you have taken so many quality trophy animals in the past. Where do you rank Blackie? Congrats! John

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reedgar
Back