Will market volatility and or heath concerns with the virus influence your western hunting plans

Will stock market volatility and the virus curb you from heading West to hunt?

• To much financial risk and or health risk in traveling - not going this year

Votes: 23 7.3%
  • Risky, will apply and decide later whether to go

Votes: 60 19.0%
  • Not concerned, headed west with no changes planned

Votes: 232 73.7%

• Total voters
Too many states app date has already passed . I wish this had all happened a month sooner to up my draw odds for LE in Montana . Jk, I Actually wish this crap never happened
I put in for an elk permit in you know were, but honestly I had the app filled out and up twice and didn't do it. Put in last minute. I wish it was over also causing so much stress and heartache for so many.

Well I checked into it today and I am now # 55 on the waiting list... Evidently I should have kept it under wraps! LOL.
The list was probably 40 deep before the pandemic. If I had a crystal ball, I'd say August hunts are not going to happen for NR, September is a maybe. Highly unlikely that the state will allow outside travel unless the pandemic is contained. I have a good feelign that it will be contained here well before the rest of the L48. I'm also pessimistic about Canada opening the border before August. Its a good year to be a resident hunter.

Glad I own land and have in state (ND) opportunities. River bottom whitetails and I’m guaranteed 2 tags ,archery and landowner. So even if MT ND boarder shuts down and I can’t hunt mule deer and elk atleast I’ll be Whitetail hunting

We had 2 family fishing/camping trips planned, Canada and Montana. Fingers are crossed for August in Montana. There is a real strong possibility that our June fishing trip to Canada probably won’t happen In June. We had a cabin on a lake booked for that one. If that can be rescheduled for August or September it will be. Taking the kids places is far more important than my solo hunting trips. They are 8 and 10. Getting them into the woods on adventures is a priority, and we will do what we can to get them out there!

I still plan on my keeping my apps in for tags, they are draws anyway. I would rather have them and eat them, then not be able go should the chance arrive.

The list was probably 40 deep before the pandemic. If I had a crystal ball, I'd say August hunts are not going to happen for NR, September is a maybe. Highly unlikely that the state will allow outside travel unless the pandemic is contained. I have a good feelign that it will be contained here well before the rest of the L48. I'm also pessimistic about Canada opening the border before August. Its a good year to be a resident hunter.
What do you think the state will do for those who have drawn limited tags and are not allowed to hunt? Asking for a friend....

Manually, like in person? Or does that include the phone?
The online list isn’t being updated... I’m going to keep logging in periodically to see if that changes.

I wonder if it is truly processing delays or is the state attempting to reduce people being out traveling and avoid the potential of people coming from across state lines. I wonder if this continues into late summer if CPW would forego the leftover lists to reduce traveling and such or would the financial hit be too high as @wllm1313 displayed earlier.

I wonder if it is truly processing delays or is the state attempting to reduce people being out traveling and avoid the potential of people coming from across state lines. I wonder if this continues into late summer if CPW would forego the leftover lists to reduce traveling and such or would the financial hit be too high as @wllm1313 displayed earlier.
In this case I think the third party vendor that prints and mails the tags is closed as a non-essential business.
You can still buy an OTC tag in person at a vendor.

I live out west......you guys should definitely cancel all plans to come out here, I’m thinking it’ll be safe in 2045 or so! 🤣
Don’t worry . The mule deer in Montana , and other western states will get pounded as usual

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back