Will market volatility and or heath concerns with the virus influence your western hunting plans

Will stock market volatility and the virus curb you from heading West to hunt?

• To much financial risk and or health risk in traveling - not going this year

Votes: 23 7.3%
  • Risky, will apply and decide later whether to go

Votes: 60 19.0%
  • Not concerned, headed west with no changes planned

Votes: 232 73.7%

• Total voters

ErictheRed

With all the market volatility and travel concerns with the virus, I'm wondering if some folks will just pass on going west this year.

I’m thinking opposite I’m heading East hopefully to Colorado for an elk hunt maybe deer if I’m lucky. So no not now I’m not worried but my wife’s family and I are going to Cancun at the end of April. I hope covid 19 gets them worried and I save 7 grand if so I’m heading to Canada for a deer hunt in Alberta.

no, unless it would get to the quarantine stage and interstate travel was banned. I don't think that will happen though.

Best thing I could do is leave my place in NYC and head west to hunt. Still a toss up if I’ll make it out this year, but that decision has nothing to do with coronavirus and the markets. If it really hits the fan I’ll be holed up in my camp in upstate NY.

I’m going to live my life as I normally would. This is nothing more than a media driven panic IMO. There have been at least 32 million confirmed flu illnesses from late 2019-2020 this year, 310,000 hospitalization, and 18,000 deaths and that’s just in the United States. They don’t crash the market or worry about travel every year due to that. Even if a vaccine were to come out for covid -19 only a percentage of people would bother to get it. Just go live life. Sorry for the rant.

Back