Caribou Gear

Where NOT to go in Colorado?

smalls

I am going to pick up an OTC archery tag for CO this fall (NDSU conveniently plays in Ft. Collins in September... how neat is that?). Where shouldn't I go? Is a chainsaw needed to get my quad down most trails?

Thanks in advance.

Or "ask" to see my Buckhole. But you must ask.

tumblr_lyymolMMq71qm09tc.gif

Us fat azzed guys ride our ATVs in during the summer to log the trails:hump:

Serious, have been some long walks back where we hunt in Eye Duh Ho only to strap a chainsaw on somebody's back when we are in downfall and it is warm. Our deal is get as much meat out without ruining it as fast as we can.

Is it true that I have to drive all the way to Alamosa before there are decent herds of elk? Should I focus on irrigated alfalfa fields or grain?

It is true the area around Alamosa has the highest 350 bull ratio of any place in the state of Colorado, I think the ratio is around 1 350 bull per square mile.

However, the best place to look for good animals in the west is on golf courses, not alfalfa. Everyone knows this.

Attachments

• cfiles49711.jpg
    cfiles49711.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 671
  • golfbuck.jpg
    golfbuck.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 553
Last edited:
It is true the area around Alamosa has the highest 350 bull ratio of any place in the state of Colorado, I think the ratio is around 1 350 bull per square mile.

However, the best place to look for good animals in the west is on golf courses, not alfalfa. Everyone knows this.

Why you posting up my honey-hole! :mad:

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back