When you forget to put in for a draw...

406LIFE

...I was wondering why I didn't have a point for my PA Archery Elk draw, so I called up the PA Fish and Game. The guy on the other end solved it pretty quickly, I didn't put in for it. Looked at my receipt and sure enough only one app. It was the first year they had this, and I'm not overly heartbroken, but with all the reminders and the spreadsheet tracking it I'm ticked I missed it. I'm just glad it wasn't something like my MT Sheep tag. Oh well.

I've been applying for decades and only once did I miss a deadline, and that in my home state. I was busy hunting at that time, I had just come back from hunting ocellated turkey in Campeche Mexico and then a customer surprised me with a last minute invite to hunt Gould's in Chihuahua. So I was a little distracted.
I was so mad at myself for missing the deadline because now I had less than max points. However, the following year I drew a bull tule elk tag.

If it makes you feel any better I forgot to apply for deer rifle season this year. It was so busy this spring and I didn’t have hunting on the brain, and to make it worse the unit we hunt had no leftover this year so I’m a spotter and camp cook for deer season.

I’ve missed my sheep tag app twice. I’m still mad about it but it was my own fault for chasing turkeys and putting it off.

I finally had to take over apps in my home state from my dad. He was only good about it about 75% of the time.

I missed an entire year of every species in my home state of Colorado in 2016. Wife was 8 months pregnant with our twins, family was visiting, I was in the final stretch of my MBA program, and I just plain forgot. I realized my mistake the afternoon after the deadline and immediately got sick to my stomach. Thankfully I was able to still go elk hunting with a leftover tag. Definitely made me ultra vigilant about deadlines going forward.

I live and die with google calendar. Everything from the kids sports games to application deadlines are in it.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back