Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

When The Stars Align

Big Sky

This is what it looks like when the stars actually align and things go in my favor for a change. My youngest daughter wanted to go coyote hunting last night. I hadn't planned on going but after dinner the wind had settled and there was maybe 30 minutes of light left. She convinced me to give it a try. We made a quick plan and took off for a place not far from the house. We called right up until about the last few minutes of light when my daughter exclaims; "I see one!" I ask where and she says: "Right in front of us, can't you see it?" I was actually looking too far out as there was another coyote howling it's head off, and I thought that was the one she saw. I could tell by the urgency in her voice that I needed to look closer. I glance down below us and a coyote was running in like a missile and was only 80 yards away and closing the distance really fast. The pitch on the hill was so steep that he disappeared momentarily. I barely had enough time to mute the call and quickly set up for what I knew was going to be a split second opportunity. The coyote popped up right at the caller only 25 yards away. Fortunately he hesitated for a half a second and that was all I needed. I fired one shot from my brandi-new 6.5 Creedmoor custom rifle, and that was all it took. It was the very first shot I ever fired from this rifle by the way. First Shot = First Blood. Include the fact my daughter was with me on her first coyote stand, and it just doesn't get any better than that.
Troy%20Adams%20and%20Elyse%20Adams%209-24-15A_zpsmdqgncz9.jpg

As you can see by this photo, this is no pup. I would put him in the top 5 biggest coyotes I've ever killed. Man, I'm glad my daughter talked me into making a quick coyote stand after dinner last night.
Troy%20Coyote%209-24-15B_zpstflgcfie.jpg

Thats way better than some fishing picures:D

nice job. I also was expecting fish pics but the yote will do. I was just talking to a buddy at work today about yote hunting this winter. Niether one of us know what we are doing but thought we would give it a try.

Big Sky,

The stars seem to align every time you go dog calling... grin.

Travis

Nice!!!You guys also have the yotes that are actually worth money as well.I'd be a big yote hunter/trapper if I lived in your area.Calling predators is about as fun a hunt as you can get as well.and old dog like that isn't an easy kill so congrats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back