What’s your tag tab?

Hunt&FishCO

I think I’m in over $2,500 across MT (Non-Res Elk Gen), WY (Non Res - Special Antelope), and the CO Res - Noah’s Ark Special (Moose, Sheep, Goat, Elk, Deer…etc). I’ll be putting in for NE too ($600).

Curious what everyone else’s tab is at this point - you higher or lower than last year.

I think I’m in over $2,500 across MT (Non-Res Elk Gen), WY (Non Res - Special Antelope), and the CO Res - Noah’s Ark Special (Moose, Sheep, Goat, Elk, Deer…etc). I’ll be putting in for NE too ($600).

Curious what everyone else’s tab is at this point - you higher or lower than last year.
Not putting that out on a public forum where my wife could find it. I have a “tag” credit card for a reason. But I’m well over that.

It's higher... it's a lot higher

Last years combined total for my wife and I. I honestly consider it a steal if you consider that this is oyo, diy adventure cost and it covered two amazing trips for us, premium wyoming elk/lope tags and a good AZ deer tag. Green was refunds.

Screenshot_20230401_064737_Sheets.jpg

Are you talking non-refundable costs or the total sent in, most of which will likely get refunded after the “sorry, you were unsuccessful” email?

Not putting that out on a public forum where my wife could find it. I have a “tag” credit card for a reason. But I’m well over that.
Having seen some of those draw apps, I think is a wise decision 😂😂😂

I track it, but not putting it out here. Plus I also track my raffle entries and I’m waiting for a specific one to come out so I can go all in on it. So my total will jump soon 😂

But this is why I followed Randy’s rule and booked my wife a nice vacation for her and our daughter right before September. Because it’s a busy, busy fall that could get busier if NM elk lottery hits!

I put in for 10 different tags in 5 different states all as NR, definitely rookie numbers.

What are we talking here refundable, non refundable, or what's actually spent on tags a year? Shoot NM has over 6k of my money now of which unfortunately I'll get way more back then I want. I'm in just over a $1000 in non refundable fees including buying points a year. Spent about $1200 on tags and licenses I won in draws or OTC last year.

By the time my wife and I both get all of our points and get a tag each I’m way north of $2500 yearly.

We gave up illinois this year because it was just costing us too much money every year for both of us to hunt there. The hunting was good but it simply was not worth the 1800$ tag costs/year to hunt there.

North of 4k just for New Mexico.
Add in for most available species for 7 additional states so it is a big number.

ID elk tag in hand already.

Last edited:
You guys make me feel cheap. I've got $6.00 tied up in a hunting and fishing license and $32.00 tied up in four tag applications. I will pay a total of $54.50 for one deer and one elk tag with an unlikely possibility of up to another $83.00 for an additional two deer and one elk tag. Then the $10 for the upland bird certification and I'm done. That tallies up to a minimum of $102.50 and a maximum of $185.50.

There is a possibility of a turkey tag or two and maybe a bear and cougar tag but probably not this year.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back