Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

What states offer the best NR tag values

No. 14 days isn’t enough. It’s a 60 day waterfowl season and it’s two 7 day periods or one 14 day period, so it’s not like you can even use the 14 days however you want.

Id love it if MN only ND residents ride their jet skis on our lakes for two 7 day periods all year.
So would I , I hate jet skis

In Alaska a non-resident can take a species of "lesser value".
For example, if you have a non-resident moose tag you could shoot a caribou or black bear on that tag in many areas.
Are there other states that have this provision? For example, shoot a mule deer or black bear on an elk tag?

Alaska has a guide requirement for Dall Sheep, Goat, or Grizzly/Brown Bear
unless the non-resident is hunting with kin.
Are there other states that require a registered guide to hunt some species?
For example goat or big horn sheep or grizzly bear?
Only in the extremely dangerous WILDERNESS areas of WY for a NR. Your WY drivers license is apparently instilled with magical protections that keep them safe in the wilderness where us meer non-residents will surely perish! The WY wilderness is so treacherous that while yes, you and your 87 year old grandma can go camping there, during hunting season, while armed, hunting small game, waterfowl and coyotes; but the presence of a tag in your pocket and a single orange garment necessitate a guide for even a whitetail doe.

I've always dreamed of hunting in Alaska, and I get it. Are some people capable of hunting brown bear, sheep and goats by themselves or with other NRs, of course. But AK is a very different place. I'll just have to save my pennies if that's a goal. If a guy wants to go to Africa and hunt anything.... you're hiring a guide and outfitter.

Alaska... no other state gas OTC moose, sheep, goat grizz and caribou, and they are half the price of the Lessor 48.

Not really sure what best value means, but is put WY near the top and CO deer second. MT is over rated in every aspect IMO.

Alaska... no other state gas OTC moose, sheep, goat grizz and caribou, and they are half the price of the Lessor 48.

Not really sure what best value means, but is put WY near the top and CO deer second. MT is over rated in every aspect IMO.
isn't it true you need a guide or tag along with a resident Alaskan in order to hunt sheep, grizz, and moose in Alaska as a nonresident?

Yes, Wyoming issues less moose permits than ND and we allow NR to draw 20% of the available tags.

Maybe its time WY takes ND's approach to moose and sheep.

Montana also issues less moose licenses than ND and NR's can draw "up to" 10% of them.

Same with UT

Same with CO
I believe moose populations in WY, especially in the western portion are on the decline because of brain worm parasites being brought into the state by the every westward shift of whitetail deer. there's likely a very good reason WY issues less moose tags and it's not because they hate hunters

I believe moose populations in WY, especially in the western portion are on the decline because of brain worm parasites being brought into the state by the every westward shift of whitetail deer. there's likely a very good reason WY issues less moose tags and it's not because they hate hunters
Lots of reasons why moose are on the decline all through Wyoming, habitat, predation, and also brain worm...other problems as well.

I think you need to re-read my comment, I never mentioned anything about the reasons for moose decline or that the GF hates hunters.

The point, that you must of missed, is that ND issues more total moose tags than Wyoming and other Western States but doesn't offer a single NR moose tag. That was the point.

Might want to get a cast on that leg you broke jumping to your unfounded conclusions...

Might want to get a cast on that leg you broke jumping to your unfounded conclusions...
i probably did misread you but this type of shot at the end....wasn't expecting that kind of stuff from this board. o well, I guess that's how some here operate

isn't it true you need a guide or tag along with a resident Alaskan in order to hunt sheep, grizz, and moose in Alaska as a nonresident?
OP asked about tag costs. Guide needed for sheep goat and grizz. No guide needed for moose. Also tags are half the price of equal animals or less. If you have family here you don't need a guide.

I think moose tags are $800 and you can buy one at Safeway... moose tags in the L48 are 2-3x that. Same with the rest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back