Whatever happened to...…?

I wish those old threads with bcat and elkcheese were still around.

Bcat, or as Greenhorn called him, Pug Doykin was always going to kick someone's ass.

Elkcheese and his dugout pits in the woods, survival tips from the girl scout manual, etc....hilarious.

I never laughed more in my life....so damn funny.

I've only remember 3 members.
I've met more.
Moosie in 2001. Played poker at his house with other members of hunttalk.
Elkhunter in Jackson Hole in 2004.
He was a lot of help.
And (Paw Claws)? from Ohio.
I didn't hunt but there were a bunch of HT ers there on a long weekend hunting spring turkey.
Moosie was funny.
Frying pan and proof of sex pictures.
I'm too mature for that now.
nah,I'm still laughing

I’ve only been on here for three years, so I’m curious, what was so different back then?
I did catch the tail end of the Cuervo days, and I missed him when he disappeared. Great mix of FU hilarity and real substance.

Everyone should miss Moosie. Man was a riot and always a good hunter. Bcat. I think he used to be Bobcat. He used to bitch how someone took his sign on. Before my time. He was hilarious and feisty. He had invited some ole gal from S Texas for a hunt. Everything blew up and it was funny. Would like to read it one more time.

Funnier back then. but over half of the posts would have resulted in Bans.

Big Fin was a good thing. I admire his forethought that he could and did tame the forum.

Last edited:
Many, many years ago, I crafted JC one of the collapsible wall tent stoves. Our PMs during that process brought a unique respect for him. He was a heck of a riot. Sure knew how to wizz with the best of them, that's certain. Never really knew how much to believe and how much was flat out jolly yanking other's chain witticism...
Moosie and IdahoBugler - seem far an few whispers on the forum... Miss their hunts and Moosie's family pride. Still have his sons autographed Eastman's magazine, for the thrill of it.
Occasional texts to/from Cush. All around, one heck of an awesome guy!

Dink I heard Oak went to the wrong "Sheep Camp" one time in Reno and now he's takin' orders from a Basque shepherdess and lives here:

43305104084_c914a42341_b.jpg

So much for the Saying "No man left behind!"

Gotta watch out for those Picons at Louie's Basque Corner....

Ithaca (47?) could track airborne quail...Mojave (Moosie's sister) tried (in vain) to moderate.

Back