Well, today was the finish of several weeks of effort. Raising a new blind. I have a Jr. Hunter to take out on their first hunts this year so I wanted to make sure it was stable, large enough, and warm enough (*with a Buddy Heater) to make it a very decent experience.
Build it in my out-shed…4x6’, 6’ tall. Acrylic sliding windows…. My Brother in Law joined in for the extra hands.
The stilts are 13’ tall. The floor is 2x 3/4” marine plywoods…that are 4’x6’. The Posts are 4x4 ground contact pressure treated 16’ posts, primed with two coats of exterior acrylic…2.5’-3’ deep (variable to a degree) with two bags of sackrete each…door only opens inward…walls are primed and double painted (let’s hear it for Home Depot and their messed up mixes for $10 a gallon!)…
The Warn ATV Winch on a rear hitch-mount was absolutely stellar. With the line cast over a branch, it did the heavy lifting.
It was a proper barn raising.
I’m 5’8”. Yeah, I’m moving a cot and mattress in. I can sleep very comfortably in there.
Feeder is 112 yards away.
I’m feeling pretty good about this year.
Build it in my out-shed…4x6’, 6’ tall. Acrylic sliding windows…. My Brother in Law joined in for the extra hands.
The stilts are 13’ tall. The floor is 2x 3/4” marine plywoods…that are 4’x6’. The Posts are 4x4 ground contact pressure treated 16’ posts, primed with two coats of exterior acrylic…2.5’-3’ deep (variable to a degree) with two bags of sackrete each…door only opens inward…walls are primed and double painted (let’s hear it for Home Depot and their messed up mixes for $10 a gallon!)…
The Warn ATV Winch on a rear hitch-mount was absolutely stellar. With the line cast over a branch, it did the heavy lifting.
It was a proper barn raising.
I’m 5’8”. Yeah, I’m moving a cot and mattress in. I can sleep very comfortably in there.
Feeder is 112 yards away.
I’m feeling pretty good about this year.