What shotgun?

It took a while to find our third bird, but walking around northern MT in December with 55 degree temps made it very enjoyable.

Spring did come a little early this year didn't it?

Great pictures.

Have you considered going 20 guage like most of the upland snobs think you must have?

Nemont

May have gone down that trail.;)

My suggestion would be to get some new friends who are not gun snobs

Too late, they sucked me in.

The absolute key to buying used guns is...don't be in a hurry. And by that, I mean 1-2 years is not too long to look. Used gun shopping is NOT checking out a half dozen used gun store and buying the best thing you find. Just stash your gun money away and you'll find something to spend it on before you know it. It might be a bit harder living in Havre though. I've seen quite a few good deals in the last 3 or 4 years, both on rifles and shotguns.

Found a used one in Great Falls.

Plenty of 20 guage snobs...and a few 28's. I will definitely be going with a 12.

Did I really say that?:D

Save up for a Caesar Guerini!

We have a winner. Hope I can hit something with it.

14-1.jpg

LOL!!

I hope you can see your dog, while you are packing that thing around the field with your nose in the air.:D

Just kidding, very nice. A proper fowling piece.

I bought my wife a Beretta BL3 20 O/U 35 years ago and now it is my go to upland gun over my GSP....it looks pretty used after many chukar hunt crashes. That said, my Ithaca 16 full I have had 55 years now and it has shot hundreds of upland birds. It has been blued twice and needs it once again.

Beautiful Shotgun!

I have fell into the same trap a few years ago. My M1 stays at home when I head out after grouse and ringnecks. Do my Beretta 12ga O/U or Fausti 20 ga SxS kill birds better? Probably not. They are fun to shoot though.

It depends on how much you will use it. I only go pheasant hunting 3 or 4 times a year. For that I am very happy with my Stoeger Condor O/U which is well under $500. I shoot it just as well as guys who have spent 4 times that amount on their guns. If I went pheasant hunting once a week it would have no problem spending more money on a O/U.

Get one that fits well. I have both Beretta's and Browning's and both are great guns but the single most important thing is that it fits you.

Oh, I see you got the ceasar. Another great gun. I should of bought one when they first were introduced here because they have really gone up. Great quality gun.

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back