What shotgun?

My suggestion would be to get some new friends who are not gun snobs (I'll join you with an Ithaca 37) and use that gun money for a hunt. Maybe a mountain goat hunt. :D

That is funny Oak. I saved my money from my job at the trap club in Pocatello, ID and bought a Model 37 when I was 12 years old. Great gun.:)

I had the most gorgeous Beretta O/U that I'd ever seen. I couldn't shoot it well, so I sold it and went back to my beater Beretta auto.

If you want to get a new gun, get one...but don't get one for looks. Be sure you shoulder it and touch and feel it.

I'd get a CZ and spend the rest of the money on a new varmint rifle or some other toy.

Berretta makes nice guns, but don't count out SKB Here is one in your price
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=263361364
and another one, I had one of these myself and it just did not fit me well but a very fine gun for the money.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=261955282

Another excellent choice. I have an SKB 600 in 12 bore which I've owned since 1972, shot thousands of rounds through it with never a hiccup. I use it for nearly everything I shoot including sporting clays. and it's still just as tight and serviceable as the day I bought it at Gart Bros. in Denver for $273.00.

If you are not in a hurry my best advice would be for you to wait until TRAP season comes around and go to a trap club and ask to try some of the o/u's. I know that at our club 99% of the people will hand over thier gun and let you shoot a round of trap. Once you pick up that gun and shoot it you will know which one feels the best.

good luck to all
the dog

Excellent advice. There are a lot of trap shooters who can't afford a dedicated trap gun, just like I was when I shot competitive trap years ago, so they buy and shoot field guns and that is the group you need to find; the hobby shooters who go for trophies and free shells. There will usually be a good cross section of guns to choose from.

I probably just don't know any better, but I love my Yildiz O/U shotgun. They are from Turkey and imported exclusively by Academy Sports out of Katy, Texas.

Nathan

Sounds like a good deal, but I gotta be honest....you lost me at Texas.:D

I'd get a CZ and spend the rest of the money on a new varmint rifle or some other toy.

Kilt enough varmints in my former life. Still like yotes, but the 7wsm still works on them.

I could use some of that money on entertainment outside Vegas city limits.:hump:;) You might be on to something.

Thanks everyone. Sounds like I need to get to the gun stores in the next few weeks when I am in Billings and Rapid City, and shoulder a few. Many thanks fellas.

Last edited:
I don't do much shotgun work any more but fron what I've seen, the CZs are the best value in the market. You can find great used shotguns at a fraction of the new price if you're willing to take the time to look. You can easily find a 3 to 4 thousand dollar gun for $2K.

Citori ---- Ugartechea, or a Ruger of the Red Label flavor ought to be right there in your sweet spot. ( I'd keep saving up, go bigger in a few years, and get into a side by side Parker. it'd look real nice in all your upland photos for certain!)

KRL-1227-BRE 4174 Standard Model 28.00" 45.50" 7.75 lbs. $2245.00 little over budget but sweet, and would go good with that dog of yours.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back