Caribou Gear

What in the heck is going on with Country music?

This thread began yesterday now158 posts. If that doesn't say "Country" music isn't going through its transitional generation adjustment / adaptation... well, here's to beer, X's, and mending fences! Missed pick up trucks, muh dog, oh and chew - in there somewhere though still working on my lyrics. ;)

You can always count on the basics:

Blue jeans, ranging from tight to "painted on" tight

Trucks, so long as they are not of Japanese origin

The look in her eyes and/or on her face

65% occurrence of song taking place tonight, 35% taking place last night, 0% tomorrow night. This trend not finished being analyzed.

Mentioning rural areas of CO, TX, OK, MS, AL, GA, KY or TN

....anyone here look good in a Stetson and want to get rich? Let's go splitsies 50/50, and I'll write these "songs" for ya.

What @Europe said. There's old stuff I don't like and new stuff I don't like. I keep an open mind and enjoy most all genre's. Today's country ain't better or worse than the old days. It's just different.

This thread began yesterday now158 posts. If that doesn't say "Country" music isn't going through its transitional generation adjustment / adaptation... well, here's to beer, X's, and mending fences! Missed pick up trucks, muh dog, oh and chew - in there somewhere though still working on my lyrics. ;)

Artists of Then, Now and Forever---Forever Country

if you like country music, you will like one of the artists in that video, maybe more than one ;)

Last edited:
There is a very explicit lyric song by Jackson Taylor and the Sinners that I feel should be part of the conversation but would not be appropriate....

You can always count on the basics:

Blue jeans, ranging from tight to "painted on" tight

Trucks, so long as they are not of Japanese origin

The look in her eyes and/or on her face

65% occurrence of song taking place tonight, 35% taking place last night, 0% tomorrow night. This trend not finished being analyzed.

Mentioning rural areas of CO, TX, OK, MS, AL, GA, KY or TN

....anyone here look good in a Stetson and want to get rich? Let's go splitsies 50/50, and I'll write these "songs" for ya.
You forgot about a red solo cup

It's my opinion that electronic keyboard sounds and autotune is what is spelling the downfall of most music genres. When artists no longer had to depend on the excellence of their voices and the mastery of an instrument to make their songs enjoyable, it opened the door for folks who had no special skill or talent in music to put songs out there anyway. There needs to be young artists coming up with the dedication to learn to play a guitar like Chet Atkins or a fiddle like Hugh Farr and Charlie Daniels or a mandolin like Marty Stuart, without all the computerized messing with it.

I hate most all country, 99% of it is terrible, even the old stuff.

I will always make an exception for Chris Ledoux, his son Ned, is growing on me too.

It's my opinion that electronic keyboard sounds and autotune is what is spelling the downfall of most music genres. When artists no longer had to depend on the excellence of their voices and the mastery of an instrument to make their songs enjoyable, it opened the door for folks who had no special skill or talent in music to put songs out there anyway. There needs to be young artists coming up with the dedication to learn to play a guitar like Chet Atkins or a fiddle like Hugh Farr and Charlie Daniels or a mandolin like Marty Stuart, without all the computerized messing with it.

I think that happened back when MTV got started. When the looks of a band became more important than the sounds they make, you tend to let the suits dictate what you get.

Road trip across Wyoming 5 years ago or so ago for an antelope hunt. Overnighted in Cody and got up early the next morning to head east. The Bighorn Basin radio network played the best set of country music I've ever heard. Covered a few decades.Great vocalist's that could really sing backed up by super musicians that didn't overplay. No gimmicks, every word was understandable. Coming home diagonally across the state I found the same classic country stations. Made for good travelin'.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back